Slide physics bug

If I understand the discussion here, @Jiivita posted a video about how the character hits something “invisible” on the slide and the video posted by @Tmmk shows the character hitting a block on the way down which may explain what was being caused in the video from the first post?

2 Likes

Yes its something with the bevel and square chisels. If you go to fast of a square stair or bevel ramp at times it will be like your character will jump away from it. Noticed this many times.

My vid is what i think is happening. If its so I don’t know for sure but it has the same effect.

Simply put i think when going of a ramp or stairs maybe some bevel or square chiseled blocks don’t “load” correctly in their “form” while not visible. Leading to what looks like your character jumping. This is random and it does depend on the speed your going down.

[edit sorry if I don’t make any sense].

1 Like

To add @vdragon basically yes :wink:

What do you think @lucadeltodecso?

I’m 100% sure its nothing like “block doesnt load its shape correctly” etc.

much more likely, getting caught out by the continuous collisions checks which cant ignore adjoining faces of blocks and always sees blocks in isolation and the tuning parameters will be just slightly not good enough to ensure in this specific case you cant hit the internal faces/edges between the blocks when sliding down quickly enough [ in this specific case the internal face you are hitting is either/both of the upper face of the non-tiny bevel shape, or the upper edge of the tiny bevel shape which also acts as a “facing up face” for collisions ]

4 Likes

It’s a real nice slide you should check it out :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for your explanation and having a look into it, even if I don‘t know if i understand it correctly or completely :sweat_smile:. But basically that means I simply have to deal with it, right? Or is there a chance that this behaviour may change in a (maybe distant) future?

Greetings from the „Slide Master“ :smile:

3 Likes