Sloped Block Placing

If I have a sloped block I want to place a block in it that fills the free area of the block. This would be very good for building cool stuff. At the moment we can just place blocks around sloped ones like on the picture but I would really like it if it’s possible in the future to place blocks that fill the space out.
Maybe you can just do it when you have a Chisel in one hand and the block you want to place in the other and if you don’t have a Chisel in the hand, you place them like now.

What do you think?

I’m not sure if that’s possible without a fair bit of work as two blocks would have to occupy the same space.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Boundless doesn’t mimic the behaviour of Minecraft allowing two slabs to stack and merge into one block right? If it does I imagine it might be simpler to achieve what you’re suggesting, but not if it doesn’t…

Although I would like to see this one day!

I think it does allow for 2 of the same blocks to be stacked and merged into one … although not tried it for a quite a while.

I think @DarthNott is suggesting that he wants 2 different types of block to be able to occupy that space, which I think is probably going to be a no-go.

How is this possible? I tried to place the same block in the space of the other and it doesn’t merged into one. The block is placed above the other like on the picture.

Yes, (and of same type too) for building diagonal lines with other blocks above and under them (like a half-timbered house) and as the picture below shows. This is not possible at the moment but it would be cool if this could happen. It would give the game more creative ways to create!

If you put two slabs or walls together(they might have to be the same type) they become a whole block.

Ah ok. I thought Stretchious meant 2 sloped blocks of the same type.

Sorry I neglected to mention in my post that it was walls and slabs that merge into one when they’re the same type and they occupy the same block space.

Mixed blocks won’t work, otherwise you’re effectively doubling the amount of data that needs to be stored per block space. It would be nice, but I don’t think it will be possible without a massive amount of work.

1 Like

Not exactly doubling, but close, I don’t think you would need to store the form it is cut in more than once.