Slot machines

Good coin sink. Maybe you’ll get foliage, maybe you’ll get a rift hammer… who knows?

Where’s my Umbris spanner ?

I like the idea…but how would this fit in with the aged 7+ rating that the game has? I’m not totally sure about the legal stuff, but isn’t it possible some countries could consider this as gambling?

4 Likes

It’s not real gambling if no money or anything of value is involved. Extreme far left policies could still view it as “simulated gambling” though. Either way, there is no potential for financial loss in real life.

I think it would be fine

@josewise welcome to the forums

2 Likes

I’m on-board. Do it! Content = Fun!

1 Like

you could just try forging, the effect is the same as slot machines you put in your hard earned resources and 90% of the time out emerges pure dooder :smiley:

1 Like

The winnings should be revealed using lootboxes. Validate the haters.

If Boundless adds some type of in-game gambling, it might lose it’s E10 rating - hence, even smaller customer pool :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

The closest I’ve come to being able to add gambling is I made a “scratch and win” board, people pay 500c and pick the spot they like and have a chance to win a prize

So far the game has been able to attract lots of curiosity and interest, but not able to retain lots players. Maybe pushing the rating up and adding alittle more mature style of content like this and more helps to attract players who’ve been on the fence about the game or not finding enough of what they need to stick with it. :man_shrugging:

It’s probably more likely that things people expect to see in a game like this, aren’t present just yet: fishing, transportation, the mentioned Titans/temples/etc, ample character customizations, etc. A lot of new players are still getting tripped up over the beacon system too, and therefore don’t make it very far.

Maybe anything is worth a shot, but I don’t think adding gambling to a game would suddenly bring a bunch of people in or retain them :woman_shrugging:. Could be totally wrong, who knows?

3 Likes

Completely agree with that. You also tickled my fancy by mentioning fishing specifically! :fishing_pole_and_fish: lolz. Will be smashing that like button for any post promoting that content.

I also agree that gambling alone wouldn’t be the catalyst to tip the retention numbers in the positive direction either, but suggesting the target audience for this game is perhaps a level above the everyone rating.

And yup I could be completely wrong as well… I’m not a main stream gamer and this is the only game I play so I don’t have a lot of experience or knowledge on that part. Who knows?.. just a thought I’ve had for a while.

Edit: Corrected my missed autocorrect corrections…

1 Like

There should be sharks in the oceans instead mwahahaha

2 Likes

Shark week!

we have slot machines:

you stick stuff into the slots and then its got slots on the left that fill up with a prize when you crank the wheel.

its like a super slot machine because the slots have slots…

1 Like

Closing as it seems to be attracting spam accounts