Slow Clap for the Devs

This is the Boundless I was hoping for. You devs have done such an amazing job at being transparent, attentive to the community while striking a balance, and decissive when necessary. You have been engaged and prompt. You are the best developers that I have ever encountered. It is obvious that you have always believed in the vision of this game and that your passion for it directs your actions. I watched as the trolls and the babies did their best to control and upset this game for their gains. Then the dust settled and your decisions got us through those trying times. I believe in you and this is better than I could have ever hoped for. Here’s to the future!

33 Likes

2 Likes

Sooo, a ‘slow clap’ is usually a sarcastic gesture intended to display disapproval. Is that really what you mean, or have I stumbled on another shift in the English language where the internet use is the opposite of the traditional accepted use of the accumulated centuries of literature (eg. ‘literally’ meaning ‘figuratively’, ‘begging the question’ meaning to raise a question, ‘strawman’ meaning a disagreement in opinion, pluralizing with an apostrophe-S, etc – or should I type ‘ect’ now)?

4 Likes

You’re actually right lol but after reading the rest of the post it sounded like praise so it could mean one person starts to slow clap as the rest join in and it turns into a round of applause

1 Like

Maybe speed it up just a little bit.

7 Likes

I’m throwing my slow clap into the appreciation category. I didn’t sense any sarcasm in Creegle’s message.

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing, seems like either sarcasm or a bit sycophantic!

Could go either way :thinking:

Edit: Or maybe I’m just too cynical for my own good.

@Creegle has been around, in-game and on this forum, for a long time and has always been a stand up guy amd very supportive of Boundless so I’m pretty sure there was absolutely no sarcasm intended. I still remember that fantastic music video he made :grinning:

3 Likes

My apologies for the clap confusion. Here is the sort of clapping that comes to mind… The sort of clapping deserved…

7 Likes

Umm we need a link to said music video!

I think @Creegle would be the best person to refresh all our memories :grin: … but if not then when I get a moment I’ll see if I can dig it up :grinning:

I’ll just leave this here.

6 Likes

I love the poor little spitter that tried to photo bomb the video :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I would argue its cause they are not actually game developers lol.

Well, you are Scottish! :wink:
(Am assuming)