Slow-Mo quirk not working correctly

Taken directly from here:

This reduces your speed correctly but does not increase it right.

Without the item equipped:
without

And with an item that has the quirk on it:

with

As you can see the reduction happens correctly however the increased sprint speed is only .6 m/s.

I only have level 4 agility and 5/5 attributes bonus thus the base sprint speed of 8 m/s.

So either you need to apply this increased speed to your normal sprint speed, in this case it would be an extra 4 m/s, or when it says your sprint bonus it is referring to the extra speed you have based on your attributes.

Even if this 50% bonus only applied to the extra speed from your skills, in this case an extra 3 m/s over your base sprint speed of 5 m/s, the 50% from this quirk should be 1.5 m/s faster based on attributes only.

It clearly was not doing either of those in the game based on the movement speed so it’s not just a text bug like some seem to have.

Unless your “sprint bonus” is something entirely different that is not shown in the stats here?

Maximum hunger quirk is also not working. Not sure if it’s name but it cost less energy when full. Still cost more energy to swing a hammer even when full

What other skills did you apply in addition to the ones you’ve mentioned here?

This was the only quirk item I had equipped at the time to try it out if that’s what you meant and no potion or food buffs other then the well fed buff.

Otherwise this was tested on my hunter build character:

https://boundlessskill.com/index?b=XA57BHPY2KMEUPNAI25U

I also tried on my crafter character who only has the 5/5 attributes bonus and it’s sprint speed went from 5.6 m/s to 5.9 m/s.

The attributes bonus increased the speed from the base 5 m/s to 5.6 m/s so that extra .3 m/s was 50% of the extra speed from attributes bonus but this only seemed to work in this case.

But this .6 m/s increase on the other character was not the 50% increase of the 3 m/s increased speed on the hunter character because of the agility and attributes bonus skills as at the very least that should had been 1.5 m/s increase if it’s only based on your increased speed over your base 5 m/s.

I asked one of the designers, who says the following:

“That’s because at max speed the character hits the maximum sprint bonus cap, so the character can’t get any faster. This is intended."

So why bother with the extra sprint speed on this quirk if it’s always a lie?

It seems it’s only incorrect if your final sprint speed would be above the max allowed, so not quite always. If they added the words “up to maximum speed” the math would make more sense at higher ranges though.

So often? The OP offered 2 examples, 1 was just over half max speed, the other was just over minimim speed. In both situations the math is WAY off. If there’s only a single configuration that allows this quirk to a give 50% boost than i would call that atleast deceptive. But i don’t even see that being possible.

From what i can gather the following seems to happen:

Base sprint speed = 5
Max sprint cap = 8.9
Max sprint bonus =3.9.

Thus, the quirk would give max speed accurately up to the point where
3.9m =150% of sprint bonus ->
(Optimal) Sprint bonus = 2.6m/s.

Hence any character /skill setup that has a sprint speed of under 7.6m/s [5+2.6] should get 50% more sprint bonus.

Any character with a sprint speed over 7.6m/s will have reduced gains, capping out at 8.9m/s.

Again, this is only what i can conclude from what has been shared here; any experimental verification / validation always welcome.

Even in this case the bonus was capped far below 50%.

The sprint bonus is calculated off the increase from 5m/s it would seem,

5.6 - bonus = 0.6.
+50% = +0.3
Final bonus = 0.9

As chompman points out, this worked in this case, but not for his hunter. We would probably need more than 2 examples to be able to know for sure if this is how it works; linear interpolation from a single valid data point is… well … foolish brave

Ahh, i think i may be misunderstanding the intent of the qurik.
So it only applies a modifier to current bonuses to sprint speed and ignores base sprint speed entirely?

It seems like that from what we’ve got yup

Do you know how the quirk is worded in game? From reading the boon i got the impression it should increase you overall sprint speed but i must admit, i didn’t give it much thought.

Not in game atm, but from the release notes via OP james worded it

My confusion was what exactly the sprint bonus part was; but my guy ran faster so i was happy :hugs:

This is what it shows when you have the item equipped:

slowmo

increase sprint cap pls