Slow Network on Solum

So I’ve been trying to make my dragon in Dragons Watch, but I’ve been experimenting several slow network connection issues, rubber banding, killing me off and the sort.

I tried to see if the problem persisted on other planets, went to Epsilo, it did persist.

1 Like

Been getting the same slow network issues on Munteen over the last couple of nights as well. Some times I would be standing still and it would spin me around for no reason.

Next time you have “Slow network” can you please share a screen shot with the debug info displayed.

What is your Chunk Download Rate limit set to?

Can you try setting this to “Low”?

Please let us know what effect this has and share any screenshots again.

Thanks!

Hello it was set to high, currently set to Max after the new update and so far, it’s been working wonders. Only thing apart from chunk download rate that’s changed is weather effects turned on now, in the screenshots it was turned off. Don’t know if that could be affecting it.

The screenshots show a max chunk download rate of ~350 KB/s. If you set the “Chunk Download Rate” above Low then it will overwhelm the connection at some point.

I recommend you experiment setting with the download rate at Low and see if this resolve the connection issue.

1 Like

Was playing on low, since the suggestion, and everything was fine, until the slow connection showed up again

If you get this again can you quit the game and post the log file again so we can cross reference it with the other one to see if there is a pattern. Quitting writes some profiling information we can analyse.

1 Like

Here it’s the log file

same issue:

We’ve found one thing that could be causing issues (the compass system was spamming out data) so that will be lower in the next version. It would have been worse if there were other near by users.

2 Likes

That makes sense most my lag spikes happen about player or entities.