Small Requests

I just wanted to take some time and put in a small request for a few things and maybe @james or any other dev can make them happen since none of them should take any development work.

• Spawn a color-changing Exo
  • Address many of the beacons and protected areas due to players leaving
  • Look into some of the griefing being done in several malls
  • Do an official Gleambow event

Just a few minor requests … if you have any throw them out there… who knows maybe some can be done.

3 Likes

So much this. :slight_smile: See, I’m getting back into building again! :smiley:

There is so much that having the blocks from those would help with. Color cycling particularly - since the 3rd birthday is coming up, maybe could have one put up through then, give everybody a long window to collect? :pleading_face: By having a 3-4 week one, gives time to get the word out, it could help us pull some lapsed players back in and have time to get reestablished before going to farm it.

Only other thing I can think for now: open up exos for sponsoring on the rental form: 3 days, usual rules (even the color cycling one!). I don’t think it would break the economy, and could help generate some revenue, really. Put a high enough price on it so that it isn’t something we’re going to be spamming. At $50-100, I’d maybe do a couple a month perhaps, especially on weekends when I’m bored. I think that price point could work well: not too many being put up I’d think, but enough that we have more chances to get things, and allows us to give treats to each other. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The problem with this one is, you’d need the ability to read their minds. How do you know they left? If you’re waiting for them to do something, how long is too long? There are no time limits & there is no way to determine what someone’s intentions are with their plots. Some people play less often than others. Some people take a long time to plan/build.

If someone has decided to take a break, but continues to pay for Gleam Club to fuel their beacons while they’re away, we can’t say they are taking too long and remove their stuff because we want to.

Most of my plots would have been removed if there were a time requirement on activity or visiting them. I take a really long time to complete them (months & years).

If you need/want this type of control, you’ll need to rent a planet or set-up your place like Aquatopia did (they retain beacon ownership).

7 Likes

I totally understand this. For me it’s mostly a few beacons in DK Mall. Some which I know have sat there for 6+ months and nothing has been done with them.

I am a bit conflicted on this too, because while it’s not the consensus of everyone playing, I am a firm believer you should be able to plot anywhere you want. If someone wants to plot next to my base on Angel I they should I would have zero issues with it, just as well if someone snagged an open plot that expired recently in the middle of any city in the game they should be able to plot there.

All this though should be done as respectively as possible. @majorvex you are very well aware of things in Gyosha Mall and the griefing there. It’s a gray area for me as people should be able to plot where they want but griefing could vary based on your perspective. I know for a fact one person in DK Mall is griefing due to signs they placed and some beacon names mocking me… I just call it motivation.

I have even contacted one person that apparently was considered a griefer in various places and they happily removed all their plots from DK Mall but one. Maybe I was just nice enough about it that it wasn’t an issue? Who knows.

Grandeur is a fine example of what I really feel might need to be addressed… go check it out when you get time.

For now, the only thing that can be done is to contact the devs via PM & let them decide if further action should be taken. They do it on a case by case basis.

There is currently no griefing at GM. I’ve also never pressured anyone to build fast or in any certain style.

What is “Grandeur”? A player, a store?

3 Likes

Grandeur was IIRC a city… its gone now. But if anyone wanted to build a new city or anything very large there it would be difficult.

As far as Gyosha Mall, it looks like @DaOne82 has handled the griefing I was mentioning there. He and I have spoken several times about it.

I do not see the point in speaking about anything from the past that has been resolved. What’s done is done.

Please also be aware that naming and shaming players is against the Code of Conduct. If you have an issue with a specific beacon or player, send your screenshots & info to a dev via PM.

2 Likes

I can see how this would be a very nice option for people who have limited time to play, they comment that they are not around when the exo spawn and by the time they get home to be able to go to it, much of the exo stuff is gone.

If a person could pay to spawn one, they could spawn an exo when they will have some time to go harvest it.

But this will probably take some development time.

1 Like

I was unaware that this was resolved in Gyosha Mall so I apologize and this has gotten off topic.

Simply put there are griefers and I report them. I will not name shame nor will I accuse someone of griefing without sufficient proof and even then it’s still a gray area as someone could simply say they plan to build something 2 years from now… either way only prevention is a sovereign.

Moving on and back on topic… a small request would be for @james to review the list of beacons, the screenshots and the conversations I sent him and use his own judgement.

Keeping track of beacons that are traded/ashed in a mall or city is always an on-going process. DaOne is amazing :star: . He is much better at it than I am.

I made a suggestion to add beacon types that would help players build the city/trading area that they’ve envisioned: Different beacon industry/zone types I believe this would help with griefing as it would prevent a player from connecting too many plots/beacons within one zone. I guess they wouldn’t add this to the free MMO space though.

3 Likes

I saw your post actually and thought it was a great idea.

I was just hoping for some quick fixes/additions/events since it’s been pretty quiet.

I vote a permanent color changing one until the next big update that regens every other day

1 Like

They should introduce a shop beacon so the owner of the mall can transfer the beacon to a player but at any stage the mall owner can remove the shop if the player is inactive.

Just a random idea lol

1 Like

64 region colour changing gleambow exo would be amazing :star_struck:

3 Likes