SmartLocks

SmartLocks would be permission specific locks.
I.E. I can set it to only allow specific players, guild members, or even ranks to open it. So i could theoretically build a huge chest in the Guild Hall and put a SmartLock on it so that only the Guild master can open it. I could build another that rookie members could open. So on and so forth.

3 Likes

I could put beacons through out the word to make small outposts. I could put a SmartLock on it so any member could access it.
I could make a path way in the castle that only certain members could access and limit it by rank…
Now the locks also have the ability to see who access them and for what and how much by the builder or ever is given permission to see.

You could build tunnels that you could allow only certain people through. Or even require a small toll to open. The money then could be collected by the owner or by certain people. This in turn would needs some rules such as once a player has opened lock it has X time to pass freely through…well unless you want player dungeons…Any way there are so many possibilities…

1 Like

Check out my guild plot post as well

Let me start by saying that I have no idea what the future plans are for the craftable locks that we have, nor have needed to use one (yet) as the people I play with are great about sharing.

From my understanding, the current locks only work with crafting stations and doors, else the rest is controlled by who is allowed onto your plot. However, if anyone has played any MMO with a guild system, then you know that just because you’re in the same guild, that doesn’t mean that everyone gets along. So, depending on the max guild size, I’d love to see a permission system on our locks like we have on our beacons.

Sure, I want to join a guild to work with others, and I’ll be more than happy to share items to help out. But, I’d like to be able to lock up a few storage containers with my rare items and only allow people to access it that I know/trust. This way I won’t have to worry about guild hoppers joining, clearing me out of items that took days to find, then running to do it again to someone else.

This way we would have two tiers of security, the dev’s wouldn’t have to worry about banning mechanics handled between guild and player permissions and we would be using mechanics/items already in the game. Instead, guild beacons would handle who can and cannot share items/workstations by default, and the locks would handle who you will allow to access your stuff as you see fit.

*Moved from your “player justice” thread.

1 Like

FYI There’s been a bunch of posts on pay locks already…

https://forum.playboundless.com/search?q=Pay%20locks

I think the need for permissions on locks has already been requested. They do need some further thought, as players that have access to your beacon already, can essentially not be locked out of anything as they could just break the lock anyway.

Edit: link updated (from a not-so-smart-after-all phone) :wink:

1 Like

For me, it only shows this post