❄️ Snowball Group Hunting Guide

Hey everyone.

Thought I’d share some tips on how to run the Snowball Event efficiently.

This applies if you’re running as a group.

The larger the meteor is, the slower it will take to complete. Level 5 or Level 6 meteors are the worst for this event as they spawn in nothing but Elite’s. These take a while to defeat even in a large group.
The rewards you get from the meteors are the same across all meteor sizes. Size doesn’t dictate reward, just the mobs it spawns.

So how do you solve this if you are running as a group? On a running hunt very easily. It’s possible on platform hunts, but you will have to tweak this to apply it to that.

If you’re running a hunt with 11 to 20 people, have 2 people run to trigger the region. This ensures level 2 or 3 meteors. Have 1 person stay back with the rest of the group to do a portal. This controls the size of the meteors.

So:

• 2 runners trigger the region.
  • Wait until the metor comes in.
  • Just before it starts to drop, the other person opens the portal and brings everyone over. If you do it too soon you will get a large meteor. So communication and timing is needed.

There are no guarantees. You may still get the odd level 5 or level 6 meteors due to where the meteor lands (for example, if it lands in the region where everyone is or the group is near the next region).

10 players or under, Level 4 meteors are your enemy this time. So Level 1 to Level 3 meteors are what you need.
In this instance, you could get away with maybe having 1 runner and 1 person doing the portal. But this will depend on your group size.

I know that this is a lot of work, but you will get well over 200 red candy canes in 2 hours (100 per hour). I know the drop rate for red candy canes sucks but hopefully, this helps. The dev team really need to look at buffing the drop rates for them.

Pits under the portals help confine the spitters so they don’t wander off. Either dig or hammer the area. Bombs are good but unpredictable as you can hit caves. You only need to dig 3 down.

If anyone knows me, knows I always go for efficiency on hunts. I always try to get the most out of these hunts. I love testing and trying things out to improve as a hunt leader and get the most loot for everyone that comes. This is something that should be shared to help others out. This is why I’m sharing this. Hopefully this makes Snowball hunts a little less tedious.

Any questions or more of an explanation needed please let me know.

I hope this helps everyone.
I can’t take full or sole credit for this. The lovely @Chicula helped too, so it wasn’t all me.

12 Likes

thanks for sharing the snowball meteor tips!, im sure it will come in handy for those doing them

2 Likes

I hope it does help.
It’s a bit of effort but it pays off in the end. You have a good group you can get lots of candy canes :blush:

3 Likes

I expected the runners tip (it’s what I would do if I ever lead any group hunt), but that portal trick was a surprise for me :grin:

Great stuff altogether @Hazel1558 :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yup Chic and us found out a couple years ago getting the small pits under the portals right away makes a huge difference as you can clean up those critters faster.

4 Likes

@boundmore Thanks so much and you’re most welcome.
If it helps make the hunts less tedious for people, always happy to share. :blush:

1 Like

@Wondernut it definitely makes life so much easier & an awesome tip. Thank you.
I’m trash at lining my holes up with the portals though :rofl:

1 Like

ah they don’t have to be perfect if off a little just make them wider lol! :grinning:

3 Likes

Problem is I have OCD :rofl:

1 Like

So this is the type of hunt where you’re encouraged to make pits with bombs?

no actually we use shovels or hammers as bombs tend to make stair steps. and the mobs are straight spitters. So just a 3 deep spot works great.

Yeah I don’t recommend bombs for the above reason as well as bombs could uncover a cave system that can slow it. Shovels and hammers are best.