So just what is "climbing" anyway?

Whatever feat is attached to “climbing” isn’t gaining in value, so it occurs to me that I don’t know what “climbing” is where Boundless is concerned. Apparently it’s not just going up slopes, or jumping up slopes, or using a grapple to be pulled up a slope. It must be some specific action or sequence of actions to which I’ve not yet cottoned. The Wiki doesn’t list it under “Movement.” There are skills which seem to improve it–but what to do?

I’m baffled.

Edge climb, maybe?

I managed to complete that one on testing long time ago. Didn’t know climbing in-game definition but I have found grappling does the job. Difference in altitude counted. So, if I grappled an object 10 blocks ahead of me but only 4 blocks higher, I would get 4 to feat count.

1 Like

Perhaps that isn’t working any more–lowceiling and I tried it outside his compound and nothing registered no matter how much grappling.

And…uh… “edge climb?” I’ve seen the term but I haven’t seen it defined or described.

edge climb is a skill that allows you to climb one extra block. it is handy when grappling to the top of a wall or if your jump just doesn’t quite get you there.
however I found that it is a real disadvantage if you do a lot of cave or cliff grappling as any non smooth surface triggers it plunging you to your doom.

I’m totally allergic to my doom.

3 Likes

Is climbing ‘grappling’?

I’ve been trying to figure that out. The opinions vary, and that’s okay. I’ll try doing more grappling tonight to see if the feat gauge rises.

Possibly maybe the feat is bugged and you won’t be able to complete it at this moment in time.

1 Like

That’s how it looks. Not an issue for now!