So, prestige changes...are we ready? do you care?

Having wood and foliage count is a big step forward and know of some builds that will certainly benefit.

No pings yet on the “I hate the changes”…this is promising :slight_smile:

Yeah, prestige doesn’t really affect much though I can get a little competitive and that, coupled with my desire to build an extensive build, has made me push myself up on the planet leaderboards.
Identity was more important to me and that was sorted a while back so not too worried about what’s coming up.

1 Like

However it affects my builds doesn’t really bother me either way. I am way more concerned about the XP changes, but there are enough threads about that elsewhere.

Never worried to much about prestige, even less now that guilds are out. I am really excited for the natural block changes. I think it will let those that really do care about presige have a larger pallet of viable blocks.

I know I’m never going to make viceroy on Alder, but I have to admit I’m toying with making a run for it at some point on a T6 like Kol Huroo, though there are a few other trophies that would still make the plat very tough. (Edit: If I do this, I will destroy it once I have it. The blight on the landscape will be temporary, I promise.)

But I definitely want the 500k trophy, after that I’m not going to worry about it, just build what I want. About halfway there. And honestly, I could have done it by now if that was my priority, so really not too worried about it. I want it, but I’ll get there when I get there, and given what I’m planning to build underground it should go way past that. Given that my settlement looks like rainbow barf, I might just get a boost anyways… :rofl:

1 Like

The natural block change is great.

Decorative Mosaic/Marble/Wicker/Gravel being the same prestige as machined iron seems off to me.

Overall though it seems okay, I’m not very prestigious so it won’t affect me much.

1 Like

He posted in another thread here :slight_smile:

From the post:

3 Likes

Reading this sheet again makes me wtf.
Deco diamond block gives 24, compack 22, diamond torch 16. That looks material wise just looks really strange and promotes to spam mesh blocks too much.

So somehow i actually never went #1. But when guilds released I aligned my beacons to the guild and when the guild hit #1 the achievement popped up on my screen when i walked on the guild hall plot. So either it was a bug or thats how it happens now. I was also #2 or 3 atm so maybe something shifted long enough for me to get the achievement.

Either way im done with it lol

1 Like

Personally I don’t care about prestige. I consider it another distraction that’s gotten way to much attention and is hindering game progress.

1 Like

Im kinda excited for it. I know theres things I’ll probably be “docked” for, but I’m really excited to see natural blocks count. :grin:

2 Likes

I had the same idea. I even listed all the planets by Capital prestige level to see which would be the easiest to get… lol

1 Like

I’m looking forward to it. Gleam towers will hopefully become a thing of the past when it comes to prestige/settlement wars and those who still build gleam towers will build them simply because that’s what the builder likes to build. Depending on the tower, I personally think some of them look pretty cool.

I’m also looking forward to using and seeing others use more natural stuff in their builds. Like, seeing more trees and natural surroundings being blended into towns and cities etc. will be a very welcome sight.

So, yea, I think the prestige changes are a positive step forward and I’m looking forward to that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

These drops in EVERYTHING though… how will that affect the percentage of footfall since it seems that prestige will be now tied to number of blocks rather then quality of blocks?

Like, I’m pretty sure my “settlements” will definitely see a huge hit with everything dropped. (Hopefully offset by the sheer amount of chiseling I do).

There seems to be more multipliers to offset the lower amounts, but only time will tell.

1 Like

Also… did I miss the decorative woods in this? I couldn’t find them.

Looks like decorative wood is 12, the same as decorative stone.

Thank you! I couldn’t find it! I wonder how that will affect my new build… hehehe.

if they lower it we can just go get more gives us something to do
also it lowers for everybody so it does not Mather
combining chisels seem like a cool challenge
plus it give reason to rebuild my stuff and use less off the same but still make it matching color palette
ow and i still gonna make a vaults cause they look cool :sunglasses:
also got a feeling that the real artist builders gonna be happy after this update
only negative i see is the fact that i love plaza’s and big open spaces
not sure but a plots with air and a single floor is gonna get low count
but then it challenges me to make my buildings bigger and better

so im pretty positive about it even if it lowers my prestige

and dead to cube tower finally

less of this image
more off this image

5 Likes

Havok40k’s pro guide to getting the most out of prestige.

1. meticulously plan your build and choose your materials and colors of choice.
  2. build something you’re proud of!
  3. ignore prestige scores.
    Congratulations! You’ve got a wonderful build!
18 Likes

pheww i thought you gonna reveal 4 5 6 and 7 aswell
we better keep those secret :sunglasses:

4 Likes