So who is back?

Are you talking steam achievements or in game achievements?
Because in game achievements can all be earned again on each new character.

Mostly I’d just like to start completely fresh, or at least have the option to.

I’m back for sure, been lurking about in the forums for a while but got back into the game about 2-3 weeks ago after a mega long break

7 Likes

you must have been away for a very longtime if yaneed catch up to updates :grin:

last time i was back, i didnt stay long. Just did some things and then… i THINK… gave you 10 million for a contest prize giveaway or something?.. but before that was when Ultima on beckon was where that corner shop was, with the tower. Didn’t I live next door to you? That was apparently around 3-4 years ago

[EDIT] I havent messed with farming other than the combustion things. kinda excited to check it out since is all “new” to me

3 Likes

This post is a great quick catchup and covers everything before the sov world update I think.

3 Likes

I’m back. Plan on sticking around for a while too.

3 Likes

I actually decided to log in but I don’t know where to find anything anymore. Just been so long that I’ve been lost as heck.

2 Likes

I would just do what most of us are doing. Start from scratch somewhere… reclaim a beacon… and after like 2-3days it all comes back, and you get the layout of the new hubs

2 Likes

No beacons to reclaim sadly. I actually lost everything because my beacons expired ~2 months before the beacon reclaim update

2 Likes

even better! as the most time i spent so far was trying to sort and store all the useless blocks from one of my builds =P

2 Likes

I finally cleared most of my beacons, I was honestly surprised at how small the reclaim was (/<10m items).

I had left two shops though, they finally went a couple of weeks ago and one of them put another 4.7m into that character’s reclaim so yeah I guess that’s where some of my blocks went.

Meantime the reclaim of the beacon that I had used to access that reclaim finally happened (greater beacon fuel vs. reclaim heh) so now I have, once again, several separate piles of stuff to sort.

I’ve finally got a sovereign I’m trying to figure out how to force reclaim my own beacons. Meantime though, if you put a campfire, then a beacon controller, you have a two hour beacon you can name for purposes of sorting some items back into smaller, named reclaims for longer term storage.

IDK when I log in now I just wander around waiting for some inspiration to build either a storage, or a workshop. Mostly in caves :rofl:

EDIT:

Oh yeah just say the word if you’re particularly hurting for anything, someone will probably help out.

Some like to grind it out, some don’t :crazy_face:

1 Like

i think aquatopian embassy our first place on release
i think you had a moment where you where giving away cash i thinks
but 10 mil wasnt me would have remembered that
thats alot of dough lol

Do you need some help getting started again?

Do you need anything help

2 Likes

I’ll figure something out. I know I’m going to need absurd amounts of twisted wood from Delta Cancret at some point. Looking forward to that grind though.

2 Likes

I never really went away, but I’m close to leaving now. Once my coins run out and I can’t afford oortstone any more, I’ll likely just let everything expire and walk away.

The Monumental news is somewhat hopeful, but I also have a strong suspicion that the game is going to end up being F2P with a raft of microtransactions. It’s the logical step for them to take, given the dwindling userbase, and I suspect it will also mean we never get the locally hosted universes as this would impact their prospective income, unless that ends up being a microtransaction too. I don’t have a lot of evidence to back this up, other than a couple of offhand comments by the new owners, and it’ll likely be months before we even see any changes, but I’ve seen it happen with a lot of struggling games in the past and I have no reason to doubt Boundless will be any different.

Still, I’ll keep an eye on the game and may come back at some point in the future if things look promising. I hope I’m wrong and updates and development somehow get back to normal once they’ve got up to speed with the codebase.

1 Like

So if I give you coin and oortstone you’ll stay longer (O.O) let me see think think think how can I get oort fast lol

6 Likes

If you need help I can Regen bomb and replenish bomb you while you gather

3 Likes

I’ll see if I have any that color in reclaim. :+1: