Solo meteor hunting did something change with spawning

I have to do solo hunting due to slow internet i cant seem to get many to spawn anymore i used to be able to go out for a few hours and get enough oort i need now im lucky if i can get 1 or 2 to spawn. Ive been trying today for an hour and none have spawned. Im getting tired of this

Thats what i have been saying and guild members keep talking about large hunts, the spawn rate is way way low since the event got that small update, its ridiculous.

1 Like

Since the event started i cant keep my portals open

oh you’re hunting for regular meteors? :S
yeah
everyone is hunting gleambows right now so most regions will have been explored recently…
that’s really too bad. I have been running around too but ignoring regular meteors heh.
you might be out of luck…
best thing I can suggest is try a different planet.

1 Like

I have gone to lots of different planets and no better luck

I’m pretty sure that’s what the problem is. Most planets are pretty canvased because of people hunting gleambows and as a result “tapped out” of meteor triggers in a lot of regions.

It is important to note that while hunting gleambows the past week, I personally saw no decrease in normal meteor spawns as a result. When running across planets, it seemed I would trigger more normal meteors than gleambow ones and more often than not one or more of each simultaneously. As a result, I believe the assumption of gleambow meteors some how replacing or decreasing normal meteor spawns is only a misconception. If there is a decrease present, it’s due to other players rocketing from region to region solo spawning gleambow meteors… which is probably why they wanted to gear it towards a group effort in the first place.

The event ends in less than a week, then everything will go back to normal.

2 Likes

How much Oort do you need to get through the week?

absolutely. exactly this.

Number of spawned meteorites has definitely increased as we improved the logic to make sure more spawned in general.

But the regions do have cool downs. If you’re exploring and nothing is happening then it will be because you’re behind other players.

4 Likes

Doesn’t the increased number of spawns not make a difference if the regions still have the same cooldown?
I think that should be increased too… ive seen players looking for regular meteors and couldnt get any to spawn… the last time i went gleambow hunting i had to cross many regions just to spawn one and then a whole bunch more just to spawn another and neither that fell were what i was looking for.
Problem is, we are ALL behind other players.
(We all want them gleams! ;D)

(Facepalm. Didnt realize that was earlier in this thread :joy: )

Well I guess I’ve been unlucky then. Thank you for responding and letting me know that the spawn rate didn’t decline. Hopefully after event I can collect oort again.

If a region is “in cool down” then no meteorite will spawn. But if a meteorite does spawn then it needs to find somewhere to land. Previously it tried a few locations and if they weren’t suitable it would cancel the meteorite. Now it tries much harder and will almost always find a location.

4 Likes

oh ok cool, thanks for the clarification! :slight_smile:

Go to Besevrona right now if you want meteors.

I couldnt explore without almost being hit by them.
Literally seen 2 down and 3 in sky falling at one time.

Was crazy.

1 Like

maybe try log off in a remote region
then next day you might be lucky and get one

1 Like