Some beginner tips

I’m loving the game so far but there are a few things I wish I had known when I started. Here’s some tips for new players which might help out:

Character Progression
-Be deliberate in your skill choices, levels and skill points come easily at first but it doesnt take long for the experience grind to make you start questioning whether or not you really need a skill. Also, you will never be able to get all the skills so specialization is important.
-Skillsets are available for cubits but do not allow you to respec your skill points, rather each one has to be invested in with separate skill points (i.e. after exceeding level 50)
-The epic skills can be nice but dont forget about the attributes at the top of the skill sheet, power and luck seem to be particularly good
-Crafting skills unlock particular items, check out https://boundlessskill.com/crafting-levels for the details on each skill

Travel
-Use the Sanctum often by returning there in the main menu. You can use the warp conduits there and a portal will be automatically opened to the place you just left. Interacting with the portal will let you bump the warp into a clear area, very useful for getting to the surface from underground mining tunnels.
-While you can create a landing site on another planet with an augmented totem there are also portal networks that can transport you between worlds for free. Head to the golden icon on the compass to reach the capital world, then the purple portal icon will highlight portals you can use.
-In the places category of the tab menu you can add your current location to your places list. If you do this at the portal hubs of each world you visit you can save yourself a lot of coin from the warp fees by warping to the hub location, jumping to another world, and then warping to your final destination.

1 Like