Some portals are not loading

Crashing or unable to go through portals?

1 Like

Can you successfully warp to the location?

Unable to walk through portals, cause they doesn’t load

1 Like

I’ve found that changing my DNS service often gets me better portal success … i’ll often have issues with the portals only loading up a certain amount on a fresh boot, newly started, only me on the line, 3 speed tests for stability all good … this improves things ~80-90% of the time.

The other 10-20% I will assume that it’s either:

1. A confluence of ‘special time’ (school home times, etc) and / or high local usage (think ‘prime time tv’) will cause ‘contention’ meaning that your internet speeds (and more importantly the latency) may dip below favoured rates. This can cause issues with any numbers of things.
  2. AWS issues on certain regions (the servers that the game runs over are split over relevant Amazon regions, I believe) that can cause interconnectivity between them.

I’m saying that any of this holds true for you, but they might be avenues to explore in your troubleshooting.

1 Like

Good idea! You could try using Google’s public DNS servers and see if the issues get resolved.

1 Like

I have better luck with the CloudFlare ones, to be honest, plus they’re a lot more private. Google will know every request you make if you use theirs :wink:

(not saying that in an ‘ugh’ way, just letting folks know about the differences)

Cloudflare is:

1 Like

Are Cloudflare related to Amazon, I thought they were … or are they Microsoft?

Either way, if there were AWS DNS servers out there, I’d imagine switching over to them briefly for the game would work wonders.

Crashing and can’t go though portal’s

Yes I can warp to the loc but it’s 2300 coin

Are you playing on Windows, Linux, MAC, or PS @tylertjm09 ?

If you’re on Windows, there’s a great utility you can find online called DNS Jumper, which allows you to set different DNS’ … so you might want your default to be the router’s DNS … then set another to the ones above … just play with it (in alt-tab) to see what difference it makes.

1 Like

That’s not a bad idea

1 Like

Quick question to all you guys out there if you’re trying to make a portal to a planet that’s 11 blink sec away from where you are how many portal conduits do you need

https://boundlessinfo.com/extras/portal-reference

1 Like