Some problems getting into game

Also if possible send us a full game log of one of the sessions where it’s freezing, we might be able to see why from that. We do sometimes do some management of things like the chunk cache at startup (which is a newish addition) so maybe something like that is behaving badly. Do you have an SSD or plain spindle based hard disk?

I am using old tech spindle based hard disk, SSD has still yet to earn my full trust. Where might I find these logs?

Still looking for files.

I think I will be mailing a zipfile of the log to support, there was a crash dump I think.

My computer has the freeze too, but it opens the warp just fine.

I start the game, click to continue, there’s a waiting time there, sometimes it goes into “not responding” for maybe 5 seconds, then I get in, and before I can even turn the entire game freezes, but not the window itself. I still have audio, which is why I know the game still works.

I wait about 5-10 seconds and it plays again just like normal. I have never found a reason, but this happens every time I start the game. I can provide a log next time I get on

I was having mentioned difficulties just now. Tried getting into game multiple times but couldn’t. Then i rebooted my computer and I got in in just 1 try.

Hey @knightsb.

Is everything working ok now? Or are you still experiencing issues?

Not much has changed. 99% of the time when I want to get into the game I have to first get it up, let it freeze, then exit after its done freezing, then I fire up the game again I will get in 100% of the time. I almost never get in on first try.

1 Like

I have had that problem last 3 or 4 days. It just needs some time before it runs normally - freezes when sanctum loads and stays that way for 10-15 seconds or maybe half a minute (never really checked precisely).

EDIT: It’s been more like a week when I think about it now.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue as @knightsb and @boundmore by the sound of things. The game freezes in Sanctum for 10-15 seconds as I load up the game, then continues smoothly from then onwards. It’s not really hindering my game-play, but thought I’d share it anyway.

1 Like

For those of you experiencing the issue of the game freezing for a few seconds after loading, can you check what your Chunk Chunk Size is set to within Game Options? Also, can you try changing the setting and reload the game to see if it makes any difference?

1 Like

I just loaded up the game and the freeze didn’t happen this time around, though my Chunk Cashe Size is set at 1GB. I’ll try various options and see if I can get it to stop permanently.

My freeze is for more than a few minutes. My chunk size is 1gb also. I have tried changing it but no difference. The first time I fire up the game the freeze is for a few minutes, long enough to make you suspect that the game might have hang, but the music and sound is still going. Then it will unfreeze, and I will be in the sanctum staring at the unopened warp portal. I could go on waiting and sometimes it will open, but I didn’t bother because I know the next time I fire up the game I will get in. I will exit the game the legitimate way. The second time I go in, the freeze will not be there for so long, it will just for a few seconds, then it will unfreeze and the portal will open, usually (99% of the time).

Btw, I just wanted to add that I was told the chunk size affects the portal loading in game. I figured since I have the memory bandwidth why not crank it up, and it does. Previously, when I had it on 512, portals will take close to forever to load, even those I frequent. Since, cranking it up to 1GB, they seem to be loading faster for me to cross.

Thanks for the replies.

Again, for those experiencing the game being unresponsive after loading, could you also share game logs when it happens if possible (if you haven’t already done so)?

I did emailed you guys the log sometime ago to support. But, I did not hear back from anyone, I figured you guys would work on it and will get back when possible.

Yes you did mention it before. In that particular instance, do you remember what the Chunk Cache Size setting was at the time? If you can send us logs from loading the game after you set the option to 500MB, 1GB and 2GB respectively (one log for each setting) we can have a look at it.

That also applies to other players experiencing similar issues with loading the game.

I can do that, but the problem is this. I set it, first time I go in I will get the freeze. Then when I set it to another one, the 2nd time it won’t freeze anymore, and I will successfully get in. So, in order to get the neccessary logs, it may take me a while. After getting in the 2nd time I do not know when it will freeze again, before I shut down for the night to go back in again the next day. Only sure thing I know is that each day I try to play the game I have to fire it up twice, first time it will freeze, 2nd time to get in. Occassionally, I get in on first try, but it rarely happens.

To answer your first question, no I do not remember what chunk size did I use.

The main thing we need is a copy of the logs from one of the times it freezes, hopefully that might help us work out where it’s freezing.