Someone with more time then me 😉 yellow light…

I have an idea but need to figure out if there is a yellow (rough) gleam color that is bright enough to reach a block 2-5 spaces away but not any further… but looks “pure” yellow….

Reason i ask is i want to do something odd once again with the “bleeding effect” but the “gleams” need to be short range on/in the white glass.

:sweat_smile: sorry for the weird request :wink: any help would be great…

1 Like

So only rough gleam? Each color has a different distance that one can improve with making it fancier like refining, deco gleam and best is lantern. I don’t have experience with the rough one… but I know that luminous tan is a very yellowish gleam that shines far. Rough version maybe could fit your needs.

1 Like

Said rough because the rough variation can always be improved by crafting it in to something else :wink:

Just like dark orange used needed it to light up the sewers (in previous build) but only the lanterns where bright enough.
Or for the stair case/hallways refined wasn’t bright enough and lanterns where to bright so i used deco :wink:

Crafting it from the rough form up can always be done.
But need to start basic and see if it works instead of removing all the gleam in reclaim I figured i ask if someone has or knows the best “yellow” to use for this.
Thx thou @May-L04 ill note luminous tan :wink:

Hmmmm Maybe these??

One of the mustards may work too.

It may depend on your color bleed. Tan has a bit more Green in it to me, Sepia is a bit Orange. Vivid Mustard is really nice, but may travel too far.

2 Likes

Also, Moon has a really nice color display off of Reapers that may help.

6 Likes

@Caelishia thx ill go check that tomorrow when im at work (if the wifi will let me :wink:) otherwise I’ll check it out Saturday :wink:

I have Ashen Yellow on my Sov if this is what you are looking for, it might be a bit light though.

4 Likes

certain tans, taupes and mustards are more yellow than actual yellow, that’s for sure anyways

4 Likes

Yellow isn’t yellow. It is yellow-green. Falls in the same place on the color wheel as a color like sap green. I have been meaning to make a color wheel somewhere in game to lay out where the boundless colors fall in the circle. Mustard is the closest to actual yellow as I recall from my previous researches.

5 Likes

mustard is on the border - some look like common yellow, some are brown though with green and orange hints

there is no boundless colour that would be entirely yellow based really; what we commonly call yellow is divided between a few boundless colours

2 Likes

True. I think bright taupe was actually the purest yellow, but the other taupes are all brown. Bright taupe is also color locked for most of the resources. None of the colors has a full array of actual yellows. I’m thinking I picked mustard as the best yellow because it was the closest to yellow with an array of yellow colors. Mustard leans towards red (or orange rather), tan leans green, yellow actually is a shade of green, and taupe has been saturation and luminosity shifted towards brown. Yellow was actually the color I had the toughest time with.

3 Likes

This is what I mean by making a color wheel.

I was wanting to be able to pick out analogous, complementary, split complementary, triadic, etc color palettes. The available colors in game are heavily weighted to one side, so this is kind of difficult. To be fair I think I am missing some greens, but the blue-red and yellow-blue sides of color wheel are MUCH larger than the red-yellow side. People who like the red-yellow side of the color wheel are a little bit SOL.

6 Likes

Guessing it is an interesting topic :wink: nice one of the color wheel @CleoStJames.

2 Likes

Yeah, the colours are a bit of a weird one. Then you have stale, oxide and all that stuff :exploding_head:
You don’t want to know what my storage looks like 🫣
But I will be using your representation from now on, it’s super helpful :+1:

3 Likes