Something in Therka Market city portal square crashes

There is something in Therka Market Portal Square that crashes my client everytime I go near. What’s worse is that I am currently stuck there because it triggers even in sanctum through portal. Here’s what’s happened:

First it happened when I approached my house which has a portal to the square. Then tried going to one other portal linked to the same place and crashed. Then even at my friend’s house who also has a portal to near the square and crashed. Lowered my rendering distance to minimum and managed to enter Therka Market and then approaching the Portal Square made me crash and caused me to get in this deadlock situation crashing every time the sanctum portal opens.

I hope something can be done about this as this completely disables the game from me. I will gladly provide some logs or whatever if you provide info on how to get those. Cheers!

I can confirm that

2 Likes

Sorry your stuck. What are the exact coordinates? I had a run around the portal square but saw no crash so I suspect it could be something in a storage or a machine thats causing the issue when get close to them.

Yes send in a log and the crash dump would be very helpful.

I cannot log in to check the coordinates as I crash immediately. Also could you please tell me where to get logs and crash dumps for this game.

I did some research and found the logs and dumps. Sent by email to boundless@turbulenz.com.

EDIT: I was able to log in by disabling my network connection for a while and preventing the sanctum portal from opening. Coordinates where I crashed are near my inn at -1944N 1.383E altitude 89

EDIT2: Tried my luck a bit and noticed that approaching the-moebius’ house by the square opposite to my portal garden made me crash. Maybe there’s something there?

EDIT3: Aaaand I’m stuck in sanctum again. Well hopefully you’ll be able to fix this game breaking bug with this information.

EDIT4: Now I got something useful looking on log with lots of error messages and stacktrace. Here’s a link to pastebin: https://pastebin.com/2fbraz0i

3 Likes

Not getting the same crash at that location.

I suggested trying this to another user who is getting a crash connecting to see if that fixes it:-
Try renaming C:\Users%USER%\AppData\Local\Turbulenz\boundless\chunchcache folder and rerun. If that does not help rename it back.

Will look at the crash dumps on Monday.

It is crashing meshing the chunk data for you. At that location though its seems ok though and not hitting any error for me.

Can you try disabling the chunk cache to see if that is corrupted?

Try renaming C:\Users%USER%\AppData\Local\Turbulenz\boundless\chunchcache folder and rerun. If that does not help rename it back.

That must be it since my HDD has been wonky. I will have to try to move everything to a new HDD once I get my hands on one. Thanks for the help!