Sound constantlyvanishing randomly

This was discussed in another thread ‘what turns you off playing boundless’ I believe

Want to post it here so that it does not get missed.

The sound ingame constantly vanishes randomly. I am left with character grunts and wind noises.

Happens randomly but once gone it goes for hours. Digging in silence is not so bad but I am sick to death of dying and receiving your awful XP debuff when I cannot hear mobs behind me.

Since the recent update it has gotten worse. Not sure if the new audio0 srttings are compounding the issue.
I am on PS4 Pro. Whilse it has been happening for a few weeks now, it is getting to the point that I simply cannot play the game unless I want to dig non stop for 1xp per block!!!

2 Likes

I’m in PC and it also happens to me too whenever I mine stuff especially diamonds in serpensarindi.

Now you mention it

Does happen more often on Serp and Besevrona rather than the lower tier planets.

Yep, happened to me on serp yesterday mining. All sound apart from grunting muted. Also the frame rate then started to go downhill progressively until I had to reboot the game.
This then fixed both things.

Did you mean this forum topic that you had posted on?

Yes, that is the one.

With it being discussed in a non bug related/support type thread and no one else seemingly posting it as a thread I was concerned it would be lost :smiley:
Closing the game and opening it back up again seems to be the only way to get the sound back to normal again for however long it lasts before restarting game again.

I also tried going through all sound options and none of them made any difference :frowning: