South African's connection problems Explained...ish

Sorry that I have not been on here for a while, but I discovered why South Africans get the short stick of the internet connections.(also note I have a 1.3 mb speed if I’m lucky) 1. When you’re near another person’s beacon or town it seems that it greatly increases your ms, for me I got 2560 ms in my current town. 2. When there are weather effects or just particles continuously flying around then you can expect a 500ms. 3. The final and most annoying lag is when you’re in combat, there is possibilities to get 1500 ms consistently when fighting a mob/creature. < — This is just to let the Developers know the isues so that they might be able to fix it. But either way thanks Devs one of your updates made it at least possible to mine and build. I’m really enjoying the game keep up the good work!

possible fix:

1. decrease chunk download rate
  2. disable weather effects
  3. and turn off any opened programs with net connection if possible

I have done all those things, that is why I called them issues other wise what’s the darn point of this?

They are working on server stability for 1.0, I know how annoying this can be. Patience is key there my friend.

2 Likes

Thank you, that is a very helpful comment, however I’m not saying that I personally is annoyed by the lag, but that more than 40 people in Africa I know have these issues.

1 Like

I know how you feel, I use to live in Dubai and I couldn’t play that well either, let alone when I travel to Egypt! Hopefully though this will be resolved with server stability and they might even come up with new servers, who knows the devs are full of surprises anyway :smiley:

2 Likes