Sovereign Biomes for plants/fungus?

Thanks!! :slightly_smiling_face: Yeah, not sure on the ash field, but could have been the RNG inserting one like the one Soju mentioned. IIRC, Gleam Lanterns can also spawn on ash fields (but could be remembering wrong, brain really malfunctioning here lately).

So my first try is set to expire and I’m making a second attempt. I’ve updated the post above but here’s a summary of changes:

1. Switched from T5 Chill to T5 Blast - my research shows that blasts worlds should be able to support all plant life. So we’ll try it out.
  2. Level 3 Biomes - Added Salt flats to try to get the huge ash field.
  3. Level 4 Biomes - Replaced Sponge swamp with No man’s land. I’m thinking it will have more mud and mud plants.
  4. Level 5 Biomes - Replaced Cube Hills with Ice levels. If I’m not going for sapphire i don’t need the elevation. And it’s easier to travel across flat ice than the hills.
  5. Level 6 Biomes - Replaced Overhang Cliffs with Lava Field. This was the other biome that looked like it’s potentially ash related (perch/waxcap). So I wanted to check it out.
  6. Level 7 Biomes - Removed Nests. I call always get tangle from the desert biome anyway.

Will give it another go and see how it turns out! If i can get all plant types i might end up keeping it for awhile. I’ll let you all know!

4 Likes

Ok, second attempt is up and running - Planet name: Mikana, Orbiting Alnitans.

This was a partial success, partial failure, 100% learning experience.
I thought I had done my research, but apparently not well enough.

Here’s what I’ve learned:

First Attempt:

• Chill worlds do not spawn Desert Sword, Oort Staff, or Spineback.

Second Attempt:

• Traveler’s Perch only spawn on T6. Should have known that. So I’ll have to either go T6 for the perch, or T5 for the flower fields. It’s a shame we can’t do both - but to be fair a T1 planet is probably better for flowers.
  • Blast worlds will not spawn Aloba, Nox, Stardrop, or Branch Funnel (as far as i can tell). Again - should have researched better.
  • Lava fields is not an ash biome. It’s rock.

I may shoot for a third attempt. Sacrifice flowers for Perch and roll a T6. From info gathered on boundlexx.app it looks like Coal, Toxic, or Corrosive is probably best all around for plant types. - So I’m leaning toward corrosive.

Does anyone know if there are certain plants/fungus that don’t spawn on corrosive worlds?

2 Likes

I think I’ve seen everything on Corrosive worlds, but could be wrong - part of the reason Corrosives are one of my favorites, along with the mining being extremely profitable. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Third time is a charm!

Rolled a T6 Corrosion off of Norknya. It’s pretty near perfect for what I was going for.

Changes made for third attempt:

1. Switched from T5 Blast to T6 Corrosion.
  2. Removed all level 3 biomes due to planet level. Sacrificed flower fields. :frowning_face:
  3. Level 4 Biomes: Removed No man’s land. Kept Ice crack for stardrops even though that puts me at 2 biomes for Level 4 which is one extra.
  4. Level 5 Biomes: Removed Lush Cliffs and Snowy Redwoods.
  5. Level 6 Biomes: Added Stone Pillars - which was a HUGE success!! I believe this is the massive gravel & Traveler’s perch biome. Loving it!
  6. Level 7 Biomes - Added Bridge Islands - Another huge success!! This is perfect for Branch Funnel Fungus. Also Added Stunted Ice since i needed another.
  7. Level 8 Biomes: Added Olympus for ice (maybe unnecessary). Added Cube Sample - Third huge success!! This is great for a large and easily farmable amount of exotic foliage.

Lessons Learned:

1. Corrision/Toxic are best to support all plant types.
  2. Stone pillars is perfect for Traveler’s Perch.
  3. Bridge island is perfect for Branch Funnel.
  4. Stunted Ice - 1 star. Do not recommend. It’s a pain to travel through and totally unnecessary if you roll other ice biomes.

I’m pretty happy with this newest planet. I’m still surveying the regions and hope to get a portal setup at TNT Norknya or elsewhere for easy access if anyone wants to check it out. I’ll post screenshots/info once It’s fully explored.

Currently have two planets active. Will be letting the T5 expire once the time is up - but in the meantime it’s open for surface collection. Will likely keep the new T6 for now - considering whether or not it can be improved upon (like removing the stunted ice biome)

So - if anyone has any particular plant/foliage color requests let me know. I can set up colors and change once before the timer expires.

4 Likes