Sovereign "Meris" owner?

Does anyone know who that may be? I can’t seem to mine any blocks on here.
It is portal-linked to straight from the TNT hub on Shedu Tier, on the left side when arriving from the main hub.

@kasaisaru owns(probably) Meris, you probably cant mine on it because it has the highest emerald score 8.48%…

1 Like

Could be they haven’t confirmed the colours

its because claiming is turned off check boundlexx https://www.boundlexx.app/items/resource-lookup/?item__game_id=13628

2 Likes

It does say they haven’t confirmed the colors.
Though I assume it’s a mistake, since it is allowed to be accessed, and is linked to directly from the portal network.

At least after almost an hour of swimming, I’m nearly done mapping it.
…so much swimming…

There’s many planets attached to hubs that people can access and not edit. This is most likely one of them. A private world for certain people only to mine/gather.

If you are not able to break blocks then they have it so only they/certain people can.

Doubt it’s a mistake.

4 Likes

Yep it’s not a mistake.

It’s my planet and I’m controlling who mines there.

It’s accessible for those who wanna get xp for exploring

8 Likes

Ah, damn. That’s a bummer.

Ain’t that a direct paid advantage compared to non-paying users though?
I mean, a zero-competition mining area, with a total around twice that of the normal planets.

4 Likes

The percentage only gives you how many blocks is that resource. You could have a high percentage but if the blocks are spread out that means you could spend hours to get the same amount compared to an area where the resource is more compact in an area. You mainly want to look for high concentrated areas for the resource.

1 Like

Yea % really means nothing. I’ve been on plenty of planets with 2% less than the number one spot but turned out better cause it was more concentrated and less lava etc

1 Like

Seems like folks here love just throwing the good ol’ pay to win out. Owning a planet and choosing who can mine on it is not really pay to win. I get nothing from all those who visit not even FF.

Currently, if I want the resource, I still have to go out and spend the time to mine it with the appropriate tools (which I spend game coin on) as opposed to paying for a loot box to have this resource given to me, which then would indeed be P2W.

15 Likes

The equivalent to this, if the mining density is actually better, in a traditional MMO would be if you got your own personal friends-only zone where all the mobs dropped 20% more loot.

If you pay to get more loot for your time and tool durability, how is that not paying for an advantage over non-paying players?

To be clear, I don’t personally care that this is a thing. The advantage is relatively minor, and everything is a spectrum of trade-offs. No system can be perfect. I’m just saying to call it what it is - a paid advantage.

3 Likes

If there is an advantage now for players who keep worlds private, I’ve tried to offset it with the Pakaverse. :wink: While the mines I have portals to do get worked a fair bit, between having atlases up (err… when I get around to it :flushed: ) and also rolling other experiments (I only don’t open them if they’re IMO actual duds), I’ve tried to make it so that many of the resources have good spots accessible easily if players are willing to put in the work to go get it.

13 Likes

Yes, having other players share their paid advantages is awesome, and I love the pakaverse. My wife is on those planets very frequently (I stay home and build usually). The ability to share like that is absolutely one of the reasons this implementation is totally okay with me.

There will always be people sharing, so why not let other people have privacy?

5 Likes

I don’t like people to have “privacy” in the idea of worlds that someone can’t even step foot on, because I feel its a nest for botters.

1 Like

So you want to limit what players can do with the money they spend on the game? They should have to leave a planet they paid for open to other players or it is somehow unfair or an advantage? Fine then I think the number of hours people can play in a month or year should be capped so that no one can play more than anyone else. Otherwise it is unfair that they can play thousands of hours and other can play only hundreds of hours. If the person that might be working and can afford to spend money cannot use that in the game to compensate for a lack of time, why should the person that has more free time be able to use that to their advantage?

10 Likes

That’s a little bit paranoid. You’re basically accusing people that prefer to play alone on the world they rent of being cheats.

4 Likes

Free to play is nice at first… then beacons get annoying

1 Like

Just let Kas mine in peace!

2 Likes