Sovereign-related/community tools questions

I am mostly curious about a couple of things.

• If a person gets a Sovereign, when looking at a world control, how do we know if a colour is new or not?

• There are several community tools that seem to compile world data into filterable databases, showing things like resource counts, size, etc. Is this an automatic process on the part of those community websites or does someone need to visit a Sovereign for the data to be integrated into the community sites?

If you know where these have been answered before, a link would be appreciated, I couldn’t find an answer in the related topics that I saw, but maybe I missed it.

I think the current info from the API shows us a list of available colors for items and worlds, but I don’t think it shows “new since X”.
Soju was manually updating this list:

2 Likes

All of the data available on those sites for sovereigns is part of the Boundlexx API, which is a player-created API.

Color data specifically is collected when someone with the BoundlessProxyUI app installed and connected with an API key accesses a world. They don’t necessarily have to visit the world, just look at a portal to the world.
The list of available colors is updated when someone with the BoundlessProxyUI app opens up any world control.

There are webhooks available for getting announcements of new sovs, exos, and color unlocks, but getting that set up is fairly technical.

A simpler answer is to find a Discord server that already has a bot set up for this. I’m sure there are others, but there is one in the Boundless Modding Discord server, which is otherwise effectively inactive.

2 Likes

If you want to set up the Webhooks for a personal Discord server, it is really easy, just generate the Webhook give it to me in a PM and then make sure you have notifications for “All Messages” turned on:

All of the other stuff about Webhooks is only really important if you are a Discord server operator and want to customize the pings for the notifications.

1 Like