Sovereign world developer intentions

You need to pay for cubits to get plots or pay to rent a server… either way money gets moved… or you spend time farming in game I suppose to farm cubits to get plots? Time = money.

I was doing the game balance comment tongue in cheek. I don’t see how it’s a real problem.

They were adding permanent planets, then stopped suddenly.

But aren’t a lot of the perma planets basically void of life a majority of the time? I’m trying to follow your comment and any implication it might have. Are you saying that had they continued to release planets, then the gem’s being walled off wouldnt have been a problem. Or that they stopped generating new planets because they knew they could rent them out and shift the server cost to the player?

All I know about new planets are exos. and they dont seem to really harm the gem or ore market even though a majority of the time they have far far more of those resources than permas.

1 Like

We don’t know and it’s a waste of time to speculate without more info/data.

Before Exos, coils were sold for $15k+ and 3x3 tools brought minimum 10-20k. So it seems it did have an effect.

Hm, from what prior posts have said, the lowering of prices was simply more people leveling up and catching up to the early access players who already knew the game and were established and yada yada. That seems like it’d have more impact on economic behavior with more players mining more raw materials and then demand of resources dropping thereby causing a drop in crafted item prices.

thats not a proper disconnect

if you wonna see a real disconnect
feast ya eyes on this

jamesWonderstruck

May 3

I don’t even know what you’re asking for here.

What is auto sort?

Something that reorders your characters inventory?

after months off people asking to have auto sort on there storage
:expressionless:
i guess dev inventory’s are always sorted

1 Like

He asked for clarification there since sorting can be done on many things…

Anyway, off topic…

3 Likes

This is a game. Time should equal enjoyment. I don’t get paid for my time playing so it’s a false equivalence.

Fair enough on the tongue-in-cheek comment. It’s hard to convey meaning in text sometimes, however, it still does highlight the issue that players are taking it upon themselves to pay for something they perceive as a game imbalance. Exo worlds do, in part, address that imbalance, but it seems more can be done to further address it before players players feel the need to dip into their pockets. Players paying for more gem planets for others to use is not a sustainable solution as the player base grows.

7 Likes

is there some sort off gem shortage?

Perceived gem shortage. People have to move around because of private mines and they feel that means most are covered. Perception is more important than reality in most settings, and they perceive gems to be hard to get due to so many people having mines.

3 Likes

so somebody gonna rent a planet cuase people to lazy to look for gems that are not plotted
:thinking:
if dev add new public gem planet people gonna build private mines on them aswell
so is there a solution to this suposed problem anyway?

It would have been to not allow players to plot gem mines lol - but that was part of the marketing for Boundless

2 Likes

The solution is an automated system to spawn planets and having a revolving door of exos. Honestly, I have a dozen or so spots for gems and never run into mines. So I don’t perceive a problem.

2 Likes
  • People who pay for these planets do it willingly.
  • I am no dev but I believe its more about maintaining game balance rather than being fair.
3 Likes

yeah they not asking they offering it as an option
also would say it is not fair
but fair enough

When a lot of people were saying everything was plotted on Malu - I went there the same day and mined several areas for diamonds (not in mines) with no problem :woman_shrugging:

I think the addition of Exo planets was genius.

3 Likes

This point of view doesnt make sense as we all find fun in different things. Sitting down playing a game with an artificial rarity of colors isn’t fun. Running around constantly in to blocked off places isn’t fun. There are a host of things I may find fun that you do not. Counting numbers is fun. Ask someone else and counting numbers is horrific.

The perception of fun activities will change from person to person.

And then, perceived problems or not, you can know for a fact as a new person you can go to a public rental planet and not find any walled off items. As a new player, you can’t say that on permanent planets.

How long has it been since you guys were newbies? It’s not been very long for me. The perception for a long time was I couldn’t get to various areas. I began to assume all the areas were walled off. Then I was told about exo’s, and thats where I live now.

No. You can go to an Exo and know nothing is walled off.

People can and probably will wall off some/all gem spots on some rental planets. It’s not a guarantee that they will open their planet up to the public or that they won’t wall off resources.

1 Like

they can wall them off on rentals aswell

1 Like

this gonna be my last post as it’s beginning to feel like banging a head on wall.

There are multiple persons who have publicly stated they will host public gem worlds and make them unplottable. So we know those worlds will be unplottable. I do not understand why this is being ignored to focus on the rentals who will wall them off.

If a group of people publicly announce they will host gem worlds with no plotting privs, then you can know, as i said, that there will be nothing plotted off.

The discussion on exo is moot. I already agreed they are awesome and where I spend all my current game time.

2 Likes