Spark core relay

I found out the hard way after building a giant spark core array in the basement of my build and then running the spark cord up to the second floor where I had built my workshop that spark can only travel 99 blocks. This meant I had to dismantle everything and rebuild it all in the workshop with the spark cores packed in.
I know 99 seems like a lot of blocks but if you throw in some twists and turns it soon gets eaten up. I was just wondering if we could have some sort of relay unit that can be added to extend the distance … or if the distance could simply be extended.

5 Likes

I think @james or maybe @lucadeltodecso said somewhere sometime that the limit has been placed to avoid trouble with server stress (imagine those thousand cord massive builds when allowed lol); and the thing is as far as I remember they are ready to lift that limit sometime in future.

I have this machine house made of 3 floors with 48 machines of all kind in it and a spark core bundle in the middle floor - I was so happy with that set up until I found the same problem that you did - spark doesnt travel everywhere due to that limit!) lol - and because a lot of work and expensive materials went into it I dared not to rebuild and added extra spark cores on the bottom floor. The final effect is that top and bottom floor machines receive spark from separate sources while middle floor machines have spark from both sets and show all spark available. Kinda make it all dodgy when it comes to deciding where will I need more spark haha.

2 Likes

I hope they do increase it, even if they can just double it would help. Most of my builds aren’t too spread out so it becomes a little bit tight for space …It will be interesting to see what these new machine upgrades are all about :yum:

Wait – you can have multiple power sources connected to the same machine??? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

You can connect 16 power cores together to kind of make one and connect that to as many machines as the power cord can reach as well as connect as many more multiple cores as you have room for. The multiple cores can’t be connected in a line like a chain though. If you check out you tube, Jiivita (I hope I spelt his name right) has made some fantastic videos and one of them explains all about spark cores.

Yes indeed sir.
I have two groups of four in that set up although it was supposed to be one group of eight. Since I couldn’t reach all the machines due to said limit I had to make two fours. Some machines receive spark from both groups of cores and show total spark. Not sure how they eat spark when crafting. Haven’t observed which group of cores they take spark from or do they take from both half/half.