Spark Generator - Transfer Spark

Can we possibly have something to transfer spark from one machine to another, I moved my storage around and tried to caterpillar the machines to my new location, I had 15million spark and by the time I got to the location I wanted I was over 10 million short.
So much $$$$ wasted because it wouldn’t reach from where it was originally…

EDIT: It would be nice if we could connect spark links from one machine to go to another and send the spark to the other machine.

2 Likes

I was so disappointed machines couldn’t pass spark.

I’d love more flexibility in how we can set this up,even without adding to the spark link limit. i did finally get all of my machines seeing both of my spark towers but that’s probably not going to work in my next workshop as I will want it to be a bit larger.

We need spark batteries. It’d be nice to just sell spark and not the fuel source itself. Sometimes I have millions of spark just sitting there (while more is accrued.) and it has no use at that time

2 Likes

I asked about this, a while ago.

They could implement this with current tech.

Call it a Spark Capacitor or Spark Battery and it’s crafted at the workbench. It takes 100k spark each and chews up some materials, maybe glowing lamella, some wild stock eyes and copper. Out pops a bright blue battery that stacks with itself and you can put it in a spark generator to burn as fuel.

They would only need to slap together some art assets and code the recipe in the bench.

Let’s go!

1 Like

I don’t see a difference between our current fuel sources and a spark battery. You could carry a battery with a thousand spark or a piece of hard coal. It’s the same thing.

You are misunderstanding what Jacey is saying.

Because sometimes you want to move your 5 million spark from one location to another and there is no way to do that.

Its not the same at all. Spark is not coal at all. You can’t power coils with coal. You have to burn it down for starters. Then repair your generators.

A spark battery would allow you to sale/move/store a refined fuel source (that’s what spark is, a refined source of fuel ie:coal, Pratt soil, timber, etc)

All I’m saying is I can already sell store and move spark in the form of coal. The only thing I can’t do is take it out and put it back in another machine. So if they were to implement a new item the only new feature would be to move your spark and how often would that even be used. If spark were to be movable then the easiest way would be to just have the last broken gen store all the spark no need for new assets.
No one is forcing you to throw all your coal into the spark generator. You only ever need enough for your play session then refill before logging out. Why do you need 15mil spark at any given time? Save your coal and use it as you need it or at least don’t overshoot so much that you take a huge loss when you move.

At the same time, why limit other methods of gameplay?

It takes time to burn down fuel for spark. People would be willing to pay for that premium instant access to spark.

Never mind if you do decide, like the OP did, to move a portion of his shop around.

I understand what you’re saying about ‘not being wasteful ‘ but I think myself and others feel that it stops other forms of emergent markets and gameplay.

If a spark battery was added to the game, what would it detract from? Would it hurt an existing market? Would it create a new market? Does it hurt the game to add this item?

I know how I would answer those questions personally, how would you?

Attach workbenches to your spark generators. Queued up deco rock until all the spark is used. Remove the spark generators and connect the new ones to the work benches. Cancel the deco rock. It will put the spark into the new generators.

I’m not saying it would take anything away from the game. And we would all enjoy more options this just seems unimportant compared to other features. Again I’m not against moving spark I just don’t think it needs it’s own item. If the last generator stored all the spark you could sell pre filled generators. Thus bringing movable spark into the game at a far lower development cost.

But at the same time I highly doubt it would sell very well except in extreme cases. So even with the movable spark I feel like it would be used way more on personal base moving cases than to sell to others. Why go looking for a shop that sells pre burned spark at a premium when you could buy the coal cheaper or go get your own.

Could we create a spark fuel block from spark , perhaps similar to the shard amalgam thingies?

There’s a fair bit of discussion in the previous thread on this. Depending on implementation, I would love to have it.

I occasionally use over 2m spark in a day, I’m not sure what my max has been. Probably less than 4. One part of the idea is that it is in fact a time transfer, as well as just spark. And a lot of people like that.

After all, convenience is the only commodity we really trade.

The same reason that someone throws away millions of spark worth of trunk, and then buys coal.