Do we need Spark Batteries that we can add/remove any time we want

Say we want to move and want don’t want to leave our spark behind. Having a removable battery would help.

I’m currently snaking my spark generator to another area on the same planet. It’s taking a while, but I’m going to get it there.

7 Likes

Then we could sell spark (in battery form) so I am a fan of this idea

3 Likes

yeah, buying or trading spark would be great idea

1 Like

Suggested it to be added to a weapon. Like soul gems in Skyrim. Apply spark to a hammer so I can throw lighting, melee hammer for hunts!!!

Isn’t selling coal already technically selling spark? :thinking:

Instant spark. Loading 500k spark immediately into your generator.

Coal is a more versatile form, as it’s also useful in furnaces and used in some builds. But once it’s been converted into spark, there is no way to transport that spark off world. Batteries would help that, and potentially provide instant spark.

I’d also love to see batteries power other temporary things, like replace coin short wraps, or perhaps reduce the warp cost in long jumps.

I want Mjölnir!!!:hammer:

1 Like

I was just thinking this the other day, when moving my base and still had 500k spark in my generator.

It is quite a specific purpose at the moment though, so not sure how viable it is in terms of the time the devs would have to put into create it.

But if it could then be used for other things it would be much more likely.

For example, to power a vehicle of some sort, or a mats transport system, sprinklers for farming, I’m sure people could think of lots of uses.

100 compacted hard coal x 135c = 13500c
100 compact hard coal x 15000 spark = 1,500,000 spark

How much would you pay for 1,500,000 instant spark?

How would you propose to sell the spark?

Would you have full batteries on a shop stand, meaning you get the spark + battery?

Or would you let people syphon off the spark from your generator? How would that work, as permission would be needed and that has potential to go wrong! Plus reliant on hand trades there as well.

A battery. Like a charged spark link. Maybe each spark link can hold a certain max amount of spark. To instantly deposit the spark it is just attached to your spark generator. same for removal, use the same method used to dial through a stack of 100 items say there’s 500k spark in ya generator. Hook spark link battery to generator dial in the desired amount you wish to remove say 250k and toss it then on a shop stand for desired price.

Yeah, or there could be a range of battery sizes that hold a different amount of spark.

Just attach battery, it removes and stores x spark, same for reverse.

This is something I would love to see in the game. Not only for new type of item for game and economy but also a QoL addition.

I think we can keep it even simpler. Just add a button to the spark core GUI that creates a battery with a set amount of spark in it. Just like making a portal token with set coordinates. Every time you click the button, you get a battery that subtracts the same amount of spark (example, 1k) and you can drop a battery token into a spark core to add spark to it. If there is not enough spark to make a full battery, a battery is not made. Allow 900 batteries to stack in a smart stack.

No crafting skill required, no material cost, no conflict about how much spark a battery has, and no clutter of depleted batteries. Easy to sell, easy to transport.

4 Likes

This would have saved me a huuuuuge amount of hassle. I had 4.7m spark across 3 generators and have been crafting anything i can just to use it up. Certainly delayed my moving attempt somewhat.

May seem like a lot but with the volume of stuff i had for my shops it used to go pretty quickly

I was pretty surprised when I realized how many millions of spark I had thrown away. Catch a tree farmer they’ll usually toss you anywhere from a quarter to a half a million no problem.

As for INSTANT? I would have to be in a bind.

I’ve never needed more than 2 or 3 mil in a day. And there’s only ever been a couple of days like that.

I like the battery idea, and I like that some people need it in a rush, I guess. I mean, yeah I would be selling them. The last time i needed to move a spark gen I used the ~350k spark in it to make portal conduits lol.

This would be marvelous. As long as it’s equal or faster to hard coal they would be very marketable, too.

good idea i would buy those all day :smile:
i wonna see this hahah where you at lol

Got me designing a new trunk farm already.

1 Like

I have to come check this out later!

1 Like