Spark, how does it work?

Hey guys,

First of all don’t blame me for being a little ‘‘new’’ to this game and come off as a total noobie on this but:

How do u get spark?
How can i work with it?
How can i use it to ‘‘upgrade’’ my totem and travel to other planets?

Cheers,
Rekkles

2 Likes

Spark is energy - think electricity. You have a Power Core where, after putting some fuel, energy (Spark) is generated and kept. Machines that are connected to the Power Core can use Spark in production (machines that can use Spark have a box in their menu showing how much of it you have available at the moment - look for it as you interact with a machine).

So, to travel to other planets you need Warp Location Picker Upgrade - its cost in material, like gold alloy etc. is one thing - the other thing is cost in energy (Spark); you simply need to have enough of it stored in your Power Core to be able to produce the needed item.

8 Likes

Really helpful! Thanks Boundmore!

4 Likes

This website by @Stretchious is super handy to use as a reference as you’re exploring the game. Welcome to Boundless!

2 Likes

or ask someone who has location markers to various planets to come by and visit you or pick you up and bring you to where there is a civilization if you prefer to build near player settlements

3 Likes

Thats a good one!
Ive found and bought some landmarks to other planets,
However im still looking on the most populated planet out there to find civilazations to build with. (so far no luck)

Im currently on Therka and considering to go to Munteen

(last question: can u use the second portal in the sanctum to travel between planets?)

I’m on Therka and was even thinking about inviting people to join me to extend my initial settlement - it’s hard to do all things on your own and a few new nice buildings and more resources and exploring time would be great. Here are some screenshot so you can look and decide if you’d like to add some architecture and man power to expanding this:

1 Like

Munteen is pretty much empty (and more hostile than Therka). I’ve been on Munteen the last few nights and I’ve been the only player on the planet for the most part.

how is it for resources?

Ive been to some planets now and they all look pretty empty. I did however burn through all my gold doing so… so im kinda broke and the only way i know to get gold is to ‘‘level’’ things.

Looks pretty nice! I’m still looking for active players, currently i’m living near a big ‘‘shopping mall’’ with all kind of trading stuff but nobody is here. ‘‘20.000 people used to live here, now its a ghost town’’

If u can give me the coordinates or some way of me getting there (or even navigate… haven’t found that out either) i’m willing help u build and explore :slight_smile:

Lemmi know,

Ps. Maybe T4LCOMX wants to join aswell, i saw he was looking for a way to get to Therka aswell.

181, 82, 669 for the top of my bridge - first coordinate is east/west and the last is north/south; the one in the middle is height, so least important to find me; its the winter biom with icy mountains, most likely you are south from my place

If you can find a cave system, I’ve found loads of the usual coal/copper/iron and also on occasion, a bit of silver/gold and amethyst (sometimes visible without needing to dig in).

thats nicccce - I have to travel far for silver/gold; in my area its the common coal/copper/iron/tech in large amounts but no rares so far:(

I did about 2-3 hours of wandering around a cave system the other night and came back with 12 tech components, 3 tech devices (not used in any recipes… yet!), 30 amethyst, 28 gold, 42 silver, 143 hard coal and a bunch of other more common bits as well.

As long as you’re careful down there, and have the right tools (and enough of them!) for the job, you should be fine

I went south to the desert with mass of iron tools and was searching and digging for 3-4 hours but only found silver and gold apart from usual iron/copper/coal… one needs to find the right place first and you did! :sunglasses:

btw: how does amethyst look like?

This was all on Munteen … more risk, more reward :wink:

I’ll be ready to move to Munteen soon, maybe by tomorrow; need to gather some more equipment and finish the warp upgrade (just ran out of Spark so gathering fuel now;p)

I have a few location markers on Munteen if you need to get there. I’m not on now but I should be tomorrow night.

1 Like

cool, I’ll come back to you with it I suppose. Thanks for the offer :sunglasses::slight_smile:

I realize that this is over a month later, but I just recently got back into the game. I was perusing the forums and I saw this post. I realized from your images that I have made my first settlement incredibly close to this. I have been through your portal to Munteen before. :o

1 Like