Spark lines.... and their silly 100 limit per face

Half asleep today Xalda? I called the limit silly not the devs.

And since the reason for the limit is mentioned here by one of them combined with how my workshop looks it might actually be better on server performance to extend the length limit and perhaps introduce a limit somewhere else like total number of spark links in a chunk.

You should probably ask yourself that and stop pushing that little innuendo that some in the forum try to propagate about me.

The ā€œthemā€ I was talking about was the ā€œspark linesā€ because I was making a reference to your subject. Yes it could be inferred that I mean the Devs but I didnā€™t. Ultimately, though, you calling their decision to limit order lengths to 100 silly could be mean that you see the Devs as silly as well. So whatever way you want to inferred my ā€œthemā€ statement I still decided on taking a different approach on solving the problem.

Personally for me, I use a single Spark Generator ā€œcoreā€ for two sets of 4 machines.

I do think that having some sort of way to extend the distance of Spark Cords would be nice, even if youā€™re connecting a Spark Generator to a junction spark fuse box or something similar. I wouldnā€™t mind seeing different forms of spark cord used too. Some that can be placed inside walls like liquids can be on chiseled blocks. I think that would be pretty cool so we could actually wire up entire build more effectively and more condensed.

I seriously want to see more spark related things in the game from powered up light sources, to mechanized doors/vault entrances, to even additional spark generation inputs (like a solar collector). Iā€™d also like there to be a way that you can store Spark in a portable fashion so you can essentially sell it to other players. This would actually make it have some sort of real economic value in the game and make sense to sell a Spark Battery that holds 150,000 Spark for something like 500c or even less. It could mean that those who want to sell their Spark would have a realistic means to besides turning on and off beacon permissions.

Heck, there could even be entire modes of transportation that could run off Spark, such as a train system (even though this would be plot demand heavy on a single person but would be coolā€¦ Factorio anyone? :smiley: ).

It also opens up the possibility of having base defenses for when youā€™re on a more hostile world, such as T6+.

Thereā€™s a lot of things that could be done with spark and it would actually be nice if we could have some sort of attention from the developers given to the system since itā€™s not really been updated or expanded on in years. At least expanded on from what memory tells me.

1 Like

Iā€™ve run a ring in my main workshop. All machines are ten coils each so itā€™s enough to craft almost everything in game, but not super fast for higher level recipes.

I managed to set them up so that they all share 2 towers giving me access to roughly 33m spark from each of the 48 machines at any given time. Pretty much the only time I get impatient with it is when Iā€™m making lucent stuff or ornate deco. And most of the time I could just ignore spark generation for at least a week if I was distracted.

Iā€™m vaguely kicking around ideas for a workshop of entirely max coiled machines right now. Spark is definitely a big piece of the puzzle.

1 Like

Stop being so paranoid Iā€™m doing no such thing, told you that before.

And nope, it totally came across as if you meant the devs, ah well, perhaps a non native speaker thing then.

Intelligent non silly people can do silly things so it would be rather silly of you, hehe, to think I would call them that, donā€™t think I could play a game so much if I thought that of them.

Sadly tho you only reacted to what you thought was a negative about you, not the rest of my reply which was rather on topic and your reply to me is not.

You really should relax a bit, forget that people have an agenda of sorts, I donā€™t other than wanting a better game which I know you do too even tho we might not agree how that would look like.

Why not just put in more generators? Lolā€¦ Iā€™m sorry, Iā€™ve had the same issues with my workshop, but the game is a game and it has parameters. Work with themā€¦ We need to accept those parameters as part of the GAME.

If I was a noob I would be rolling my eyes right now. No offense, I personally like all of you from what Iā€™ve gotten to knowā€¦ :blush:

Personally, Iā€™d rather have Titans.

Mind blown. THIS is how we should develop. Our civilization has evolved. Holy cowā€¦ :heartpulse:

1 Like

I get youā€¦ as a crafter you really do need a surplus.

I have two work shops and Iā€™m about to build my third. I just canā€™t help the state of things when we all started out just happy to have our first set of coils that we struggled to mine with a single shot iron hammerā€¦:joy:

So we can delete the Suggestions forum section then?

Also, and I love to say this really, please do not tell me how to Boundless! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Noobs probably have that with many more threads as well!

But upping the limit is just changing a number somewhere, Titans is way more work. Besides, theyā€™ve proven they can work on multiple things at once.

Why not 1 coil worth max power to reduce clutter?

That would mean I could make my workshop smaller, yeah