Spark value

It’s inflation. Printing more money without adding tangible value to the economy is inflation. If we had hard stats we could determine if it’s hyperinflation but after months of gleam balling it’s probably not.

As opposed to commerce or production, it’s devaluation of existing coins.

TBF I don’t think a couple days of this is a crisis, some of these posts are really inflammatory. However, if it goes on it will create quite an imbalance.

I’m not sure how much affect the dumping of all the spark people have stockpiled in various forms will have in the short term.

5 Likes

It would be if it wasn’t for the fact we already have millions of spark saved up. Its more like finding out everyone has millions in their bank accounts. it changes the perception of what things are worth. Why farm bitter beans when they are only worth 80c each? You can swing a hammer for 10 minutes and make more than you would surface gathering in an hour.

2 Likes

That was the very first thing I did, lol. Just in case.

2 Likes

I think it is only a problem if it lasts long enough for the heavy miners to burn up their heavy compact coal storage. I think it will get fixed before then.

What?

10 things

Which what?

The one that explains the thing

1 Like

Lol what did you do just in case? And in case of what

I minted all my workshop extra spark
In case they hotfix before I wake up tomorrow

2 Likes

This. 100 times this. Should be a pinned post.

4 Likes

This will be fixed promptly tomorrow by the Devs… relax everyone!

1 Like

After thinking about this a bit more, even if the fix is a bit slow in coming, if any of the devs come on and confirm this was a mistake or not the intended result, I’ll respect that and not even load coal onto my stands to try to take advantage while before patched. Slept a bit, going to go mining now… but I’ll hold off on doing anything with the coal or anything related to this for about six hours or so, see if anything is said or done first.

1 Like

Agreed. A simple “Yes this will be fixed” or “this is intended, new economy ahoy” would be great!

The uncertainty is a big part of the panic right now.

2 Likes

If this is the case, I am going to go buy a bunch of hammers and brews and do lots of mining for once lol. I usually avoid mining, but…maybe not anymore :grin::sunglasses: When I sell my spark, I can go buy lots more things :star_struck:

2 Likes

You bet if bomb mining was still working i would do it. It’s the thing i liked the most back then. Like others said it got nerfed where it breaks seams before the rest.

4 Likes

4 Likes

the sky is falling… the sky is falling…:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

But gleam farming showers you in XP, peat does not. And XP is cubits. With that they force us decide if we primarily want XP or coins instead of having a single activity that rules them all.

1 Like

If you mint the refined gleam (like it’s atm done) is it really that much more xp than farming and compacting the peat?

1 Like

Mining gleam rewards more XP than digging peat. I think gleam has the XP of a node, not a block.