Specific chisel tools

What if we could make chisels that only chiselled one particular side, eg copper north slope chisel?

That chisel would only ever chisel a slope on the north side of the block, relative to the face you strike.

That way you could chisel large areas much more quickly.

Wouldn’t necessarily work for the intricate carving people do, but for creating channels for farming etc, it would really help.

If you were facing a side that was vertical, just replace the cardiac points with top and bottom (eg north south wall east would be down and west up and vice versa)

Probably only work on non-precise chisels.

Keep existing recipe and existing tool, but have 4 more identical recipes that give the directional chisels.

Maybe over-complicating, but it can be really monotonous! :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I want a transformation bomb instead of chisel, so I don’t have to transform blocks one at a time when I make marble.

1 Like

I’m already carrying enough chisels and I can’t imagine what the crafting menu would look like with 9+ chisels for every shape :smiley: I hope there’s another solution to this rather than adding more chisels.

@Krollbar How about a transformation machine?

4 Likes

I want a demolition bomb, for when I have to move, I throw it and it returns all the blocks that have been placed by me on that beacon, it would save me a lot of time when I have to move or remove a part of my construction, I would put the part that I want to remove in a single beacon, I throw the bomb and recover all the blocks. Then I remove the beacon, throw a regeneration pump if I want to recover the natural environment and ready xD The pumps could be useful in construction with a few forged blessings.

2 Likes

A transformation machine really makes more sense than transformation chisels, but I’m glad we at least have those. I wonder what the significance is of metamorphic rocks - why only those can be used for marble? Sure, you can transform other rocks… but why not just have the recipe say “any” refined stones? Is it to create artificial rarity of some colors so they can pat themselves on the back and say look what we did? So many of their ideas I can’t follow the logic without some sort of backstory.

Most likely because “Marble is a metamorphic rock”

1 Like

The one time they do decide to follow real world logic :roll_eyes: lol!

Yup they seem to follow it when it complements the game design, but might throw logic out of the equation when it doesn’t :smiley:

1 Like

They should make marble seams spawn on exos then!