Spicewhale/dev request?

@Spicewhale we know you’re creating a new player center. I have an idea:

DORMS:
Give players space to make their own rooms! They can use it for ANYTHING. also, give them either machines or refined stones.
A NEW WARP
you can decide to warp to the new player zone from the sanctum @james @Leahlemoncakes please add this to the game

As great as it would be to see the devs latch on to something made by players to help players, it could easily be misinterpreted as favoritism. Because its player made it carries the chance of failing or not following through. (I really think it will do fine). The only thing the devs might do, is give a verbal “Good Luck” “Go get em tiger!” To support of the situation but will refrain from actual support.

But that means if the New Player Academy becomes big and an Icon in the community, it will be that much better because players came together, pooled resources, compounded motivation, and created something beautiful together without dev help.

4 Likes

This is like almost same me asking i try to create hogwards pls give people ability to turn other people into a donkey so it would be more realistic.

Ideas are always welcome but other than this consept theres not much use for this.

3 Likes

There have been discussions about dorm setups for the university. Not really there overall but they could be helpful in people getting a leg up.

More importantly I really want to be able to turn other people into a donkey…

2 Likes

I had thought of doing some sort of affodable housing n Storis. Provide a small house with few coils per machine and a heavy spark generator to help players get going on crafting.

2 Likes

Yup we will have new player housing at some point :blush:

2 Likes

I didnt know we can just ask whatever we want from devs! Hey devguy! give me free portals! I’m bored of gathering oort and want to build a portal hub and it would be super useful for everybody!

And I want my own space chickens livestock but nobody else should have them!

3 Likes

I know right! I know few real life donkeys and they do agree

1 Like

Better do a suggestion for those chickens.

1 Like

How will “New player” be determinded? Who will determind that?
We have “capital warp” determinded by the viceroy and their settlement already, you can become viceroy to make it “New player” warp as you called.

What is capital warp?

1 Like

:eyes::face_with_hand_over_mouth: wow. this is new to me. I do not know we have this

Just tried it on lasaina, but warped out ouside the capital. In fact it is outside the plots of the capital.
Shouldn’t we get warped “inside” the capital?

I for sure thought you would have known what this is. The ability to warp to the capital of a planet.

It’s all dependent on the viceroy beacon. If they have it set to not allow warps it’ll do that.

It is understandable. Some of us want privacy.
It’d be useful if there’s a marker we can craft to point where people can warp to.

I had no idea about this feature either. :smiley:

well, ehmm, there’s that, they warp you close by, but… they also warp you close by to the beacon of the capital city which has the most prestige which does not necessarily have to be something useful!

For instance, Nova Golda is the capital of Trung, the beacon with the highest single amount of prestige is my underground farm which is on the outskirts of town and that is where the capital icon shows up!!!

Not all that useful. Would be handy if the viceroy could designate a beacon or spot what is considered the centre of the city…

3 Likes