SPLEEF event - discussion and suggestions

Hey guys, after founding Chisel Town, along with CK we would like to host a spleef event. I’d like to hear your opinion about it, maybe some of you will give meaningful suggestions.

So for now, the main problem is block destruction speed. From what I observed sapphire hammer is the only reliable tool capable of one hitting stone blocks. So spleef in boundless may vary from Minecraft’s version. We can also make floor out of leaves and one hit them with topaz axe.

What I find interesting is that in boundless players may have different skills and spleef gala may be even more interesting. Some players may hit harder, faster, hit on a longer distance, some may be faster, some may have double jump or edge climbing.

What is the best floor combination in your opinion, and how can we even improve this idea?
Anyway, this event may take place at our future arena or some existing one like ‘regenerated’ coloseum at Elop Portas or (don’t remember nick, weird) Stadium at Therka Market.

4 Likes

How about various rings of different materials so one ring is leafs, while one is stone and another is dirt, that way the materials make it more interesting, and maybe different strategies will start, based around these rings.

2 Likes

Well, people would just stay on those stronger blocks and remain safe. On the other hand in rounds with more than 4 people that would mean more people on smaller surface and more intense match :slight_smile: That would also require more switching tools. I wonder if grapples should be allowed…

Explain spleef lol

1 Like

@the-moebius dig ground under other players and make them fall down, be the last man standing on top.

3 Likes

Cool :slight_smile: i like it

Was boundless a dosgame before hehe

Shhhh… thou shalt not speaketh of the “D” word…:wink:

1 Like

If only we could still grapple other players … :smiling_imp:

@james just provide the players with CHEAT_HAMMERs?? :joy::grin::pray:

1 Like

WE CAN!!! 10 characters

Put the stronger blocks in the middle. Would encourage people to gravitate close to the center. Could be something like 6-8 radius stone and leaves all around.

2 Likes

patches of ice would probably be fun too—they’d effectively trap people

2 Likes