Standard in-game time

If it made it into the game, I’d certainly consider it if it were of value to people

3 Likes

This would be a fantastic addition.

3 Likes

who knew such a small thing would be latched onto so hard by the userbase. i guess we really love our clocks.

this would definitely be more useful in the future with guilds and guild meetings. stuff like that. but would be awesome to use normally anyway:)

4 Likes

Developers lives in the Great Britain, and the Britain is the center of all worlds time with

Greenwich Mean Time

Why you all cannot use GMT for timing? I’m on GMT+3 right now (but GMT+2 during summer time by our mr. president will :pensive:).

It’s public and easy for all.

1 Like

While I get what you mean, even we change our clocks twice a year, currently here in the UK we are observing British Summer Time, which is GMT+1, this bumps all of Europe ahead one hour (France/Germany are currently GMT+2 etc etc).

A better standardised clock would be UTC, you’ll see us use this is announcements as it never changes.

10 Likes

welll… it ‘does’, only that it only changes by a second every now and then over the years to account for clock drift from earth’s rotation slowing down as our days get longer.

3 Likes

I find this “oort” time system very interesting and it would be awesome to see by the friend’s nick last time he logged in and time when we can usually meet him in the game like from 5oort to 8oort time. Ofc that’s just an addition to the system and is not that needed :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Its nice to see when my friend was last log in, if i should keep his beacon filled.

Don’t need that, add your friends beacon to your list and you’ll see when it’s going to expire directly.

not released

8 Likes

Well I think we’re going to need a few sorts of times anyways. Whether people can chose in game options which time zone they are in and to display that for everything, or whether it’s a set “Oort standard time” in game time.

Would be helpful if chats had times next to them so you can see what time messages were sent to you.

The “Oort standard time” would be good to display somewhere in game to help organise events for multinational guilds (even if it is literally just UTC displayed, it’s easier to implement than doing guild calendars or something complicated that people can do on their own offsite forums).

And seeing times and dates is essential for guild management to see when a member last logged on if you are trying to keep your guild active.

The down side to this is obviously the planets go from day to night much faster than a real day - but really most other games that I’ve played having a real time displayed hasn’t killed any RP immersion for me, it’s been super useful.

6 Likes

i’m necro-ing this topic. it’s a good suggestion and i think this would be good.

as Elop Portas has been built, we’ve foudn that it gets difficult to coordinate

7 Likes

I’m going with ort time which is the same as guildford UK except military time. So right now it’s about 12:50 ort time two hours ago it was 22:50 ort time

3 Likes

Should it not be 00:50 ?

After 23:59 it is 00:00, midnight, the new day is born.

3 Likes

Holy good idea!!! This would be amazing :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Yes indeed. Good catch.

4 Likes

I think I’ve mentioned before that many MMO’s have both local and server time, so I’m right behind this idea.

Also, the time in Guildford suits me perfectly, as I’m a couple hours drive away! Hah.

6 Likes

Nice ideia! Would be perfect if added as in game (in boundless universe). I love how location marks, friends, server changing and all this stuff is made in game just as part of the universe.

1 Like

Pushing for this again.

Since we now got daily and weekly.

Daily should run out and end at midnight (24:00/00:00) in game time.

7 Likes

+1

I play in windowed mode for 2 reasons:

• Clock
  • Forums

Having a GMT-based clock on-screen would be great, and have me in full-screen mode more.

3 Likes

oops did not notice this pos (did not come up in similar posts)

I made a similar thread … i would love to see Oort Time + it would add imersion if say certain mobs were more agressive at certain times?

This in-game time would as people have said - help organize parties/meetings/ etc

1 Like