Status and Uptime

So, thinking about some of the discussion lately, I was wondering a couple of things.

Even though I don’t necessarily see the level of need, I don’t think I’ve made any arguments against updates or community building. I’m not sure if I said that lately.

First, and only half a joke, Would something like a twitterbot help?

It seems clear from every direction that if Monumental is footing the whole bill for Boundless they’re probably running in the red on it. It turned out Square Enix was paying for the servers for a while, right? Maybe during parts of the transfer process they aren’t paying for everything but still, they’re probably out of pocket.

Considering that and the fact that it’s openly in a sort of “maintenance mode” while a bunch of mysterious circumstances play out, well they’re not really players or community members in that sense and so if it’s not a hobby for anyone there, why would they book additional hours to it?

It’s going to be some effort to say the same thing with a new twist on it and a friendly tone without being fairly repetitive week after week or even, month after month. Something neutral enough to satisfy all parties. If it’s really just a point of etiquette then … Twitter bot? What actual level of interaction do you feel would satisfy this?

Secondly perhaps more to what I see as a valid concern - what if they just promised a shutdown warning? You can buy 180 days of GC what if they just said that when they’re considering it they’ll tell us? Give a full window?

That’s a pretty big window for a business like this I think but hey, deep pockets. If they said 90 days minimum I guess that people could weigh their level of risk :man_shrugging:

We don’t know if they have anything like a hard date for this getting done. If it’s not clear to them then considering the fluid nature of the industry I don’t know why they would really be road-mapping unless they have other uses for parts of the tech. The difference between 1 and 3 years could mean entirely new tech and direction.

So anyways what if they just promised a warning?

2 Likes

Who else better than the community manager to ask then ? Nobody from Monumental seems to like to inform us about anything. Tiggs (community manager) did not answer the 1st time and she will not answer when somebody else asks instead as she does not like the questions. It is that simple.

No wonder people get annoyed and feel not being taken seriously.

There’s no question posed to her here, or any member of the staff.

I don’t know what you’re worried about. Also if you’re not interested in discussing the topic … don’t :man_shrugging:

1 Like

If Monumental does not even answer any of our questions then I don’t see any point in trying to work around the problem with external tools. It is not that difficult for a community manager to answer questions. That is her job !

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

@majorvex please do the thing.

3 Likes

Just do whatever you think will work @Nightstar See if it works.

I think it is pointless, but that is just my opinion.

Hey man I was over here trying to have some discussion about things that would actually increase people’s comfort level with the situation.

You literally came in here and dropped a link to yourself having a tantrum on the forums. Skimming along the whole thing aged like milk.

You quit right? I seem to recall a whole thing about it? Even if Monumental is getting any of the revenue generated here, you’ve been quite clear that you refuse to contribute so what has you so convinced that it’s her job to hop on the forum and answer your questions whenever you feel like asking them?

Is there a forum for a game that you DO play?

3 Likes

I am still fighting for Boundless in my own way. People quit playing games but mostly return when good things happen again.
As long as the forum is online I will be here, just like a lot of players that are not playing at the moment.

I think we can all accept the amount of communication we get will be limited. I don’t see any good in just continuously putting the “devs”, Tiggs or Monumental down any more than we have (including myself). It hasn’t done one ounce of good, nor has it benefitted Boundless or the community.

If you are fighting for Boundless that’s great, but it seems you are fighting the community just as well.

I assume this meant to close this.

4 Likes

Seems the community needs to fight a bit more in the direction of Monumental instead of trying to make it sound as if all is fine.

No communication, censoring, no answers via support mail, 14 layoffs, bad examples of previous bought games being offline.

We have the right to be concerned on a game that we played for years and enjoyed.

By now I wish Wonderstruck would not ever have sold the game.

2 Likes

I’ve had 3 support emails answered. I have also communicated with Tiggs. I have not got one reply or answer to anything via the forums. You think there is no one else fighting for the game or digging for answers? There are plenty of caring people who love the game who continue to fight for it. Some just play the game, buy GC and sovereigns in hopes it helps, others fight behind the scenes.

We do have the right to be concerned and I feel that concern is very justified, but continuously adding to posts about the devs not answering isn’t doing any good other than annoying most of the community. I was going to answer @Nightstar and now since this was totally derailed, I’d much prefer to see this closed and reach out to him in private.

3 Likes

Maybe we should all be more critical and demand answers from Devs/Monumental here.

At some point they have to respond. Gaming companies that ignore or don’t listen to their paying playerbase will go down and respect/trust will fade away resulting in less $$$.

We already see that happening.

2 Likes

You pick and choose where you want to take you fight good sir.

If you quit, I imagine you are not part of the paying playerbase …

I’m done debating with you though, I wish you much luck, I hope you get the answers you seek.

3 Likes

Not paying anymore, correct. Thanks.

Maybe it’s a trivial time investment and an old habit to browse these forums? :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t know about a Twitter bot. But I always liked when Leah would take cool screenshots of builds and post them to the boundless Twitter (X) page.

Tiggs did share one of my videos there as well.
And I’m sure she would share more if people were post there.

I’ve never been worried about the the state of the game or it randomly closing. When someone (Monty) says they have deep pockets. That’s kind of a baller thing to say. And they’re buying other companies for most likely multi millions. The few thousand dollars it takes to keep the game up is negligible.

The game works as is. Obviously I like most of us see the potential and want more. But I can also be content just building in what we have now. The best voxel building game available. :man_shrugging:

So yeah. Maybe I’m blindly optimistic. But being positive is just a much better way of going through life then doom and gloom.

So here’s a screenshot of me marvelling in my glory. :v::beers:

10 Likes

I’m not sure I would get anything out of a Twitter bot. What would it do?

I used to follow boundless stuff on Twitter but I shut down my Twitter when it went off the rails and later became X. I’m not even sure which accounts can be seen without logging in? I’d prefer activity off Twitter.

Boundless stuff on Twitter also went quiet even before I stopped using Twitter, Leahlemoncakes and a few of the big twitter boundless players stopped playing or got quiet so there wasn’t much content.

3 Likes

This.
We chose whether to play and/or pay quietly and that’s our support for Boundless.
There is literally no reason to think the servers will be shut down over night without a message.

But even if it happens, why would I be upset about money I spent on the game? It was all worth it. Every minute in Boundless was worth it.
And it keeps being worth it. And hopefully it will continue to be worth it.
It’s a subjective thing of course and if some feel otherwise then Godspeed to you, don’t pay for GC or sovereigns, but please don’t assume everyone should feel or do the same.

7 Likes

If I could like this more I would. :100::heart::ok_hand::+1::beers:

6 Likes

Boundmore’s post echoes my sentiments exactly. I enjoy the game, and the money I spend on my sovereigns and GC is for my enjoyment. If I didn’t enjoy the game I would not spend money on it.

I’ve seen quite a few players say they would play again if more people played the game. I wonder, if all the people that feel that way logged in at the same time, what the player count would be? It’s a catch 22, it seems.

4 Likes