Steam Controller Layout

I think I’ve been more active on here today than I have been in the past three months! But because there’s currently only one controller layout on steam which doesn’t work all that well I thought I’d let everyone know that I uploaded another controller layout that should work just fine. If anyone wants to try it out and give me some feedback that’d be awesome!

I’m guessing the other layout was mine :smile: what didn’t work well for you?

I’ll try to give yours a shot tonight if I can, too

Yeah it was yours, sorry :smile: for some reason as soon as I loaded it up I couldn’t move at all. Plus the bumpers didn’t scroll through the inventory so I had to tweak some things. The one thing I still can’t seem to get down however is crouching, and I’m not sure why exactly, so I’ll have to tinker with that a bit more

Huh, interesting! Movement was set up for the left stick (not pad), if that was it. I’m unsure about the bumpers though. I can try remapping them to the mouse wheel, which should have the same effect.

Crouch is set up via the right grip (and jump is left grip) - I found it a lot more convenient on grips, esp when grappling around

Hmm, is my Setting not saved in steam anymore? Made it a while ago and people told me it’s kinda useful :wink:

Valve wiped all the community layouts a while back w/ the big update

ah, ok … I will redo it again if I play the next time. just a little out of time atm :confused:

Finally my B< Steam Controller layout is online again - and UPDATED! ^^ … I have now added descriptions to the layout and also activated the gyro steering (as long as you touch the right pad) for aiming. The right touch pad is setted as a “track ball”, so you can swiftly turn with a fast swing with the thumb. Also I added buttons for debug and infinite mode … tried it now a lot and now feel confident to share it with you again.

It is called “Birne’s B< FPS Setting” now :wink:

3 Likes

Hey! Did you delete it? Can’t seem to find it!

1 Like

hmm, steam seems to be deleting it’s layouts after several patches … If I can keep it in mind I will update it tomorrow after sleeping (I’m on nightshift in the moment :wink: )

1 Like

Would really appreciate it! I’ve built my own for now, but I’d like to see what you had.

1 Like

Be aware that there’s a fun bug that’s sometimes occurring where Steam doesn’t advertise the controller as a gamepad (only keyboard/mouse bindings work). Seems to happen sometimes when loading configurations

Damn … Nightshift week + brain = useless goo … I will set a timer for tomorrow afternoon to remember it ^^

1 Like

PS: Have to use the setting for an hour before I can export it for other users … The game is running now (After patching the pad once and the link three times ^^) … I update this post if it’s on again :wink:

PPS: DONE ^^ … Birne’s B< FPS Setting is online again :wink:

2 Likes

Works amazingly! But I’m still having the same problem that I’ve been having with my own build as well. For some reason shifting does not work for me

you ment like pressing shift to sneak and not to fall over edges?

PS: I updated my layout to the c++ Version. Now pressing the stick is running while interact is pressing the right touchpad (not the stick as an alternative anymore)

Yeah, crouching doesn’t work. Originally - because it happened with mine too - I thought it was because I had the button mapped twice but now I’m really not sure. I’ll have to try it again soon

Hmm, just checked it and it works well with my setting (bottom left button) :confused:

Hey Folks …

I just tried to upload a new steam pad setting, but there seems to be a BUG that I cannot upload the setting (You need to play at least 15 mins to be able to upload a setting, but the time is not counting (played over an hour without success :confused: ). I give you a description here if you want to rebuild it. If the bug is gone i will of cause upload it and then write the setting description again.

So, now I could upload the setting. It is called “Birne’s B< FPS Setting”. Here is a complete layout (It uses the standard keybindings of B<) : …

Left Stick : Walking in all directions(WSAD)
Left Stick Click/Hold : Running (Space)

Right Pad : Mouse
Right Pad Click : Interact (E)

Left/Right Trigger : Use Left/Right Hand (LMB/RMB)

Left/Right Bumper : Prev/next Item slot (Mousewheel up/down)

Left Pad : Radial Menue for Slots 1-8 (1-8 With Display, Click for use)

• Hold Left Grip : Radial Menue with View/Fullscreen/Debug/Quickslot (V/F11/./Q, Click for use)

X/Y : Left/Right Hand switch (LCtrl/LAlt)
A/B : Grapple down/up (F/R)

Left Grip : Creep, dive down ©
Right Grip : Jump, Swim up (space)

As long as you hold a finger on the right Touchpad you can swing the pad for looking arround / aim (gyro controll)

Hope you like it … Please test it and give some revierw. My only concern is running on the stick click (which is a bit to get used with), but using creep and jump on the grip buttons make more sense because you also use them for swimming and are more intuitive then.