Steam steam play/ Proton support

so i love boundless and I love linux and after playing it on my friends machines for hours I wanted to run it on my own machine so I am a devout novice linux user and i was prepared to play boundless on linux because of the new compatibility tool on steam the game gets to the splash screen but crashes when it tries to deal with audio i believe I would love to be able to play the game on unbuntu so if anyone has any way to help me get the game playing with proton or even a wine frontend with the correct winetricks I just want to spend more time with this game than ive had in the past and dont feel comfortable using non activated windows

1 Like

I cant tell you when (could be months, could be… longer), but the game does largely run without issues on linux already “in the office” (I use it for development almost exclusively for the client as well as the servers), there are some keyboard input issues (I bind random keys in-code to get it working) and some issues with audio not working correctly (not my part of the project to even contemplate why…), and it is somewhere on the roadmap to have a linux client released (well, an ubuntu one likely anyways)… so not to get your hopes up, but its not like the game is a “million” miles away from running in linux natively.

regarding audio and wine/proton whatever, you might be able to get some hints if you search using “wwise” as a keyword since that is the audio engine we use.

4 Likes

Boundless is Working with the newest DXVK version via Lutris

Edit: but I don’t know how stable is it playing for several hours. and I also noticed a bug that you can only use effectively the half of your hands. (he is jumping from corner to corner when I change my items in the hands)

2 Likes

Glad it works for you… no such luck for me :slightly_frowning_face:
Any tips? :stuck_out_tongue:

DXVK 0.80 has been released an hour or so ago so I have to change the version manually in Lutris to 0.80

I got it to select 0.80, but when I click launch, the game quits instantly without ever showing a window, which is worse than proton!