Steam Summer Sale

It would be better if it wasn’t the same damn soundtrack being played.

Minecraft, for example, has something like 44 tracks if you include the music disk ones, I like the music in boundless, but any song is bound to get irritating when its played on repeat without variation.

1 Like

If I’m counting correctly there are 40+ different tracks (200 total but that includes variations on the same track) in the OST folder. But after playing for hundreds of hours, any number of tracks will start to repeat :smiley:

edit: Now that I’m listening to these, there are some that I’ve never heard :thinking:

1 Like

I thought the music changed depending on what you were doing. So I imagine those people who gather beans etc(discover regions) hear stuff I’ll never hear

1 Like

Crafting Music Full Mix.mp3

Could be, cause I’ve heard this one a lot :smiley:

It might be my own confirmation bias then, but it seems like its always the same track being played. Although I do do a lot of building so that might be why.

On topic - would definitely recommend everyone who can to get the deluxe edition while you can, its quite the steal at this rate (especially if you reduce it further with the grand prix thing steam is doing to get a discount voucher)

2 Likes

There are 49 themes with 4 variations each = 198 tracks.

The 49 themes are split into:

1. Are you in combat - world level 1 to 8 = 8 tracks
  2. Is the weather bad - world level 1 to 8 = 8 tracks
  3. Is the weather good - world level 1 to 8 = 8 tracks
  4. Do you have low health - world level 3 to 8 = 6 tracks
  5. (Are you engaging a Titan - world level 1 to 8 = 8 tracks)
  6. Default - all worlds = 11 tracks.

Once a theme is selected the variation is selected:

1. Ambient - is it night time.
  2. Uncut - are you alone.
  3. Drone - are you underground.
  4. Fullmix - are you with other players.

So if you predominately play on a single world then the tracks are limited to 16 themes.

23 Likes

Ahh, cheers for clearing that up then.

So I was More or Less right :sweat_smile:

This is awesome that many different things were taken into consideration while choosing which track to play!

So it’s not only the bad weather but also the ominous track. Thanks xD

Ehem ehem i never heard those :smirk:

5 Likes

You’ve also not heard the 568+ development themes and variations that I have sitting in my iTunes library. They genuinely drove me crazy trying to work out which development versions were better or worse.

But least you can hear all the music in the Original Soundtrack. See if you can work out which theme is which… good luck.

9 Likes

Oh so I’m the only one who’s killed a titan before. Man those tracks were awesome.

Wait wait. That was in a dream never mind.

3 Likes

This is why we love you guys - all the hard work and dedication that went into this game :smiley:.

I would’ve never guessed we had around 200 tracks in the game. From now on, I’ll try to see if i can distinguish them.

3 Likes

My favourite development track names were

• “BD PG High SJT PG REC_omg_listen_to_how_big_this_will_be” and
  • “BD PG Raspy Dark PG REC-01_omg drums_and_celloroom”
10 Likes

And even if there was a sale on Boundless on PS4 we still would not be able to upgrade to Deluxe, sigh

If your PC has bluetooth you don’t need a dongle…

It works really well, I wish I could switch over to PC completely for Boundless but character transfer is sadly not possible :frowning: :frowning:

If more people want to transfer character on their account from PS4 to PC (they can still be on same Wonderstruck account) then perhaps they will do this one day!

So come one everyone! Let’s all tell @james we want character transfer! Then we also don’t need to keep asking for Deluxe upgrade since we then just buy it on Steam! And it’s win-win since the people who don’t have a Steam key yet and want to play on PC need to buy the game again! More income!

We want character transfer! Oh and titans, farming to release yesterday, many more block types, more decorative items, more furniture, more emotes, etc., etc.!

Get cracking team! We haven’t seen a new release in over 6 weeks! ducks for cover from the dev team working over time on farming :joy:

2 Likes

Maybe dumb question, but could I just rebuy deluxe and not mess anything up with my account? I’m totally happy to support, and I actually did that with ESO, bought standard then rebought an upgrade (edit for clarity: not an upgrade but bought a more expensive version), but I did it after I realized I bought the wrong one on that (no refunds for us here) and before I started playing.

There is no Deluxe Upgrade in the PSN store so you can’t rebuy it…

Besides Sony checks if you already own it if you do they tell you a d hide the buy button

2 Likes

Unfortunately, pc will never be my main way to play, because I play with my sister and brother, and a friend on PS4. So it’s more convenient for chat party purposes to play on PS4.

However, I don’t mind supporting the game by running it on both systems.

I thought about it too. Now also realized.

Ok thanks! What I was thinking is just rebuying the entire game. It does give me the option to add the deluxe version to my cart when I am logged in here, the standard of course won’t let me rebuy but this seems like it might - https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP3887-CUSA07244_00-BOUNDLESSUSDDLXB But I just didn’t want to proceed if I could potentially mess anything up.

1 Like