Storage Strategy

my main base has one wall in each type, the one w/chests roughly follows the order it comes out of reclaim

3 Likes

Only for wood and rock, I use a storage for quantity.
The top storage block tells me if there is something in the box or not :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My workshop is multiple buildings. I store my stuff in ‘recipes’. Everything needed either in or near a dedicated machine. Basic raw materials are stored in buildings dedicated to crafting tables and refineries and then moved to the crafting buildings. It is awkward as all get out but I like it, lol.

6 Likes

I have 2 storages. My main storage is categorised into Mining, Gathering, Hunting, Food, Farming, Brews, Forging etc.

My 2nd storage is my coloured storage for all the coloured blocks.

5 Likes

I keep throwing things in chests until i scream and then load them all into a smaller campfire beacon at the edge of my property so that it can all be reclaimed and i tell myself i’m going to totally deal with that soon but i know i’m not going to.
rinse and repeat.

8 Likes

good idea Myst, i was thinking about new storage layout divided by machine usage or for specific recipe if you are specializing in 1 crafting branch

something like, for plain wood trellis:

trunk > timber > (iron ore > iron bar > nail >>> trellis

for lush foliage trellis:

trunk > timber > lush foliage > iron ore > iron bar >nail > lush trellis

4 Likes

Metals and stuff
Hunt drops
Processed food stuffs go in the kitchen
and stuff that has many colors
In the color storage, I’m way behind the others that have lots… I usually have one chest with all the random raw mats that I’ve found in one chest, and processed items in another chest. Stuff I have alot of in other chests and then a shop stand with Rock, for bricks, and gleam because well why not… and then two shop stands to put either stones or whatever I have most of (other than rock).

This is my 5th rendition of storage space updates… I am a fan of the open and closed storage setup.
^c^

9 Likes

I have several different ways to store my stuff with a mixture of gleam and iron chest and the open ones.
Crafting resources next to the machines.
Rocks all sorted by colour, in U shapes.
The rest of the coloured blocks sorted by colour, but a bit smaller.
And the plant and boulder storage is part of my decoration in a way.

3 Likes

im great fan of making color storage sorted by color groups, not numbers :smiley:

for those who dont have it (add +1 to each number to match actual numbers order, becouse as you can see there - black is 0 not 1

8 Likes

as for topic - that was my resource storage before i tore it down

it didnt required labels whats stored in chests, was easy to find what i wanted :smiley:

5 Likes

There is a really snazzy spreadsheet for colors that I love for this. I hadn’t seen all of @xyberviri’s fancy sorting on this version, but I love it. Personally, my fave tab there is the “named condensed”, but I recommend exploring it.

For how I organize storage, I’m sure Dhusk already knows, but I’ll share again anyway:

Assuming I haven’t forgotten to renew GC in time, I have a tree set up with a floor for each color group, or a pair of color groups…

Btw, the thread linked here has lots of other storage examples from others as well.

8 Likes

That’s my favorite colour chart. I prefer organizing items in that order than by id number of colours.

5 Likes

I’m off to go check my colour arrangement. I have mine slightly in a different order. But sorting like that is so much better. Especially when you want to compare colours.

3 Likes

Hello,

Depending on what you want to store everything, by color, by craft, there are many possibilities.
Have e. g. sorted for crafting and color storage, also old color storage still there.

Helmut

7 Likes

I use a combination of the open and closed storage for mine.
Color Storage:

Materials that don’t have 255 colored variations have these little cubbyhole storage spaces in the area next to the workshop.

7 Likes

Wow, that is impressive @Draconic

3 Likes

Since this is a @Dhusk post I’ll reply. My color storage is pretty much overkill and really still a WIP.

But I separated it out by color/sub-color in alphabetic order. So, like this:

For each color I gave specific areas like Azure is setup like this:

I am still working on my workshop storage, but each machine has its own area for storage also which will also be divided and organized alphabetically in some way. So far I have it like this:

10 Likes

@Redlotus welcome back, Long time no see

2 Likes

Some awesome builds here great seeing your creations :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

This is my new storage area which is WIP… taking longer then expected due to nerve issues in both my arms but little by little it shall be done.

7 Likes