Storage suggestions?

Would it be possible to have a “pick up storage unit” option without having the contents drop out? This would make for easier transfer of items if we are moving stuff around. Pick up the storage, put it down where you like. Contents in all still in there. Now I know some could pick out that you could use this as a “backpack” method. Which yes, yes you could. But remember you cannot place a storage into on a non plotted area. Also you could make it so you literally can only “pick it up” and remain in your hand until you place it. I’m half asleep so I may not be making much sense. Let me know what you guys think.

1 Like

I think that would require a lot of changed code, and would also allow people to keep stacking a lot of storage units in their inventory and end up racking a ton of item stacks up into one inventory slot.

Seems like it could easily be ‘misused’, if you get what I mean. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I would like this even if you have to keep inside owned plots.

Cant tell you how many times I have ran half way across the base to swap a few blocks in my bag.
Building large sucks w/ so small of baggage space.

1 Like

I’m wondering if there is room for innovation here. Minecraft solves this with chests on mules, minecart chests, ender boxes and those shulker boxes. What could boundless do differently? Backpacks? Portal chests? I’d love to tame a wildstock to haul cargo for me, or even a wagon.

6 Likes

Man, that’d be tragic to watch slip into a stream of lava from a ledge on Alcyon. :joy:

5 Likes

Something like this would be awesome!! Perhaps spark powered? Or maybe even oort powered like a portal… Keep it fuelled and you’ll be able to access its contents from any ‘oort chest’ you’ve built, even on other planets

3 Likes

A roadrunner, please, otherwise we can wait a while before that wildstock returns home! :smiley:

1 Like

I want bagpacks to increase storage even if it slows you down a bit or something.

1 Like

I agree. That is why I said just to be able to hold it in your hand and not to be placed in the actual inventory to solve this problem. That would come in handy when transferring items if you are moving your storage.

I would use this when mining for sure. If the only decrease is movement speed at your feet of course.

1 Like

Same here. There can be many rules set in place to prevent misuse I think. Ender chest for sure would be the easiest route but this is just a fun idea that requires more work than that kind of chest. I would love me a chest that does organize across my plots that I have at least one of that item in when I drop it all into it though! I love grinding but organizing for us with ocd is a task in this game.

1 Like

Yes movement speed, action speed should not be reduced.