Stuck item icon bug

I don’t know if anyone has reported (or experienced) this before, but it happens to me at least two or three times a day. If there’s a slight lag spike when I click the button to craft an item, the … flying item animation in the menu hangs and just gets stuck there until I restart the client.

Even switching characters doesn’t clear it up.

A couple examples:

It’s a very minor annoyance since it only shows up in crafting menus but still, I figured I might as well make a little post about it. A couple of days ago I had two of those halfway on top of each other and a third above, but apparently I forgot to screenshot it :frowning:

Edit:

Yay, got a double again:

I’m going to follow you around in case the bug decides to drop those OORT shards from your inventory! [Insert evil laugh here]

Nah I’m kidding. I’d just give them back anyway! Hahaha

Do you need some? :stuck_out_tongue:

I can spare a couple if you need 'em, no need to follow me around waiting for 'em to fall out of my pockets :laughing:

Seriously? Actually, yeah that’d be great!!! I just opened a portal in the center of Blacklight to Gyosha mall last night and it ate all of my shards.i had to go buy a few thousand coin worth actually.

What would you like for a few?

Just come and get a stack, like I said I can spare it. Are you in game now? :stuck_out_tongue: Bliss’ Bing portal in Blacklight.
I’m just goofing around in the forums while afk in game waiting on the refineries so I can start a mass craft of guild coils…

Not yet no. I’ll be on in just over a half hour by the black light city center kiosk working on my shop, but I’ll take a buzz over there first. Thank you!

Np. If I’m not at the shop just PM me in game (@bliss then pressing enter in the chat window should work even without being friended I believe)

Thank you so much!!!

Does it only occur when you get a bit of lag?

I get it on PS4 when I quickly craft a bunch of location tokens. One will float until I close the menu. Happens almost every time with location tokens only for me.

Yes, but not every time that I craft when lagging. When it happens, if feels more like queueing the craft triggered a small freeze of a couple miliseconds.

Then, of course, unlike El Diablo, the thing will stay there even after the menu is closed. For the entire game session, until I restart the client, the thing will be stuck there floating whenever I press E on any machine, but its only visible in machine menus. On the inventory screen and etc, there’s nothing there. Like I said, it persists even when switching characters, as long as I don’t restart the client.

I still have the two superimposed stuck icons right now, blocking the view of whatever is under them. Here’s me hovering over a item that was crafted that is hidden behind the icons (the screenshot didn’t capture the mouse apparently):

The micro-freeze that triggers it happens at the very start of the animation of the item you’re crafting flying up to the ‘queue’ part of the window. The animation itself plays out in its entirety, and the first frame of the animation (or so it feels like) gets stuck there floating even tho the rest of the animation finishes playing out.

Oh yes, and I’m playing the PC version, if that matters. :stuck_out_tongue:
(In case its hardware-specific, my gpu is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, latest drivers, but this has been happening since the beta)

I’ve had this happen to me too a couple of times in the past week, didn’t notice what might of triggered it though. I think it was on a crafting table (not workbench) went to collect a stack of stones and the icon just stayed there, disappeared when exited the table but was still there whenever the interface was opened.

Anyway, even to me that it happens to with alarming regularity (might have something to do with higher latency / lost packets, I would love some south american servers…) this is super low priority, I just figured if no one had reported yet then I might as well, if you guys ever get a slow day at the office in the far distant future or something. :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, so after crafting many items, I have seen this occur when crafting wooden tools during the initial tutorials, although I could only get it to happen every once in a while. I’ll add a bug to the database so that a software engineer can try and get it to occur as well.

1 Like

For me, it doesn’t happen exclusively when filling up the queue with mass crafts, but that seems to trigger it more often, like really spamming those clicks like a madman to fill the queue faster, usually when I’m doing a session of mass converting rocks to stones with multiple tables for the xp and stuff like that.

Maybe that’ll help the engineer to trigger it more consistently. It still happens on single clicks for just one mass craft (like the compacted titanium pictured above) but that’s comparatively much rarer.