Sub-bricks or just change compact clay to regular clay in bricks

Around the world people make bricks without a compactor, could yall developers create another set of brick-like blocks for us that we can make with machiinery no more complicated than a mixer and no spark needed? Basically just let us use clay instead of compact clay. Or let us make a substitute for compact clay in one of the three early-game machines or the furnace.

Commercial-grade bricks are a tiny subvariety of the ancient art of brickmaking. People who play solo should have access to the fun of these things without the jump in technology implied by spark as well as the higher tier planets and/or cities implied by needing precious metals to make a compactor.

Well, changing an existing recipe is already out of question. Most of the playerbase will agree with me at least on that, because that would likely mean a change in prestige value, so a lot of builds would see their overall prestige score drop significantly. Last time that happened, everybody managed to discuss about it quite calmly and-

No, it was a sh!tshow, obviously.

Now, adding a new alternate brick recipe (with the same brick block as end-result), if that’s well balanced, that could work, I’d personally be ok with that. For instance, it could not require compact clay but twice as many clay soil blocks as you’d normally need for the usual recipe.

That’s how Satisfactory works, too.
As you progress through the game, you discover alternate recipes which are different and require you to change your factory’s setup, but also increases your efficiency or reduces the amount of ressources required, IF you decide to go through with the required changes.

6 Likes

Yes, I like the idea of a separate tier of very low-tech bricks.