Suddenly Started Crashing A Few Seconds After Launch

Hello,

This is my first post on the Boundless forum but I’ve been playing for over 200 hours since late-December.

Today, my Boundless client has started crashing a few seconds after launch. Thankfully, crashes have been a very rare occurrence for me up until today but now, annoyingly, I can no longer play at all.

I was happily exploring a village on Andooweem when Boundless crashed. So, I started it up again and continued. Then, a few seconds later, it crashed again. So I started it up once more and, again, it crashed a few seconds later. I wondered if there was a problem with the Andooweem server so I used the portal on the right of the Sanctum to warp to my home planet of Therka. However, Boundless crashed again, even on Therka. I continued to restart Boundless several times in the hopes that it would stop crashing but it reliably crashes after just a few seconds of being in-game (even in the Sanctum if I wait there for a few moments).

Furthermore, I’m now no longer able to log in and get into the game after a crash. During the first several instances of these crashes, I was able to quickly restart the Boundless client and get back into the game. However, after several times of restarting the game like this, it has now started giving me an ‘Error: 3 Can’t get Steam ticket’. This issue isn’t resolved by restarting Steam. I have to restart my whole computer now in order to be able to successfully log in and get in-game. (And then it crashes and I can’t log in anymore without restarting my computer.)

Boundless doesn’t seem to provide the option to submit a crash report after every single crash. However, in the instances where it has provided the option, I’ve submitted them.

Please help! The game is literally completely broken right now.

yeha me too!
Well i seem to be abel to start the game but not play more than 30 seconds then it crashes.

it started like 1 hour ago

ive reinstalled the game and clear cache but nothing seem to work

Clearing cache and reinstalling worked for me, but obviously isn’t working for everyone. @vdragon can hopefully help.

1 Like

Remember to submit crash logs guys :grinning:

yeah like 30 of them or something XD

1 Like

In order to clear cache, go to program files/steam/user_data/xxxx/localcache/ and the file should be named data.mdb. Deleting it has solved the issue for some of us. Suggestion from Ashtimber.

4 Likes

Thx that helped !

2 Likes

Don’t thank me thank Ashstone during the hunt :slight_smile:

Thanks. That seems to have fixed the problem.

By the way, for me, the location of that file was slightly different:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\ xxxx \324510\local\chunkcache

(where xxxx is the Steam ID number)

3 Likes