Suggestion (and poll of course): T1 to T4 exoplanets - why exclude noobs from the fun and profit?

There is a sincere missing option in the poll:

• Should we have “rented player worlds” (instead of even more exo worlds or whatever they are called).

For me exo worlds look like some kind of “end content” as I am low level and have to stay significant longer time on low tier worlds until I have grinded enough skill points / trees to create the skills I personally WANT (being a pure explorer, NOT hunter / tank / meteor fighter) and until I have again and again assigned duplicate attributes in different skill pages to create special roles as I can not have all needed skillsin one player. I will stay complete solo as long as the major discussions in the forum (and the behaviour of players in the game) deal with plot / beacon fights , grievance , and non-cooperative playing. I will stay alone with my little base, watch the game changing and wait that peaceful players like me will survive (or leave).

2 Likes

There are others like you out there, the forums are just a bit toxic. Come say hi in game and I’ll introduce you to some nice people :blush:

I know Regen consortium is very nice and cooperative. Talk to Panda or Peekaboo

I believe the introduction of exo planets is a first step in the ability to offer rented planets. The exo planets give the developers the ability to add and remove planets. They will need to be able to add planets when they are rented and then remove them with the person decides not to rent them any longer. It might be a small step, but an important one in being able to offer rented planets.

To the OPs poll. As was pointed out t3 and up can spawn as exo planets. I think that there are no real good reasons to offer the t1 and t2 as exo planets. There is probably some limit to the servers that are available to hold the exo planets. I would think the need to keep a steady flow of the new resources such as blink is more important that using the slots for lower level planets. There are already a large number of t1 and t2 and also would a lower level player that cannot reach a t3 really be able to finance trips to a t1 or t2?

6 Likes

I agree, if you can’t get to a T4 planet then you have a lot more of the early game to experience. There’s a lot of colors available already on the current T1-T3 planets to keep the newer players busy enough. Give the players stuck on T1-T3 something to work towards.

Also I thought the lowest exo was T4. If it is T3 those are fairly easy to survive on as a new player anyway

1 Like

T3 is lowest exo tier. I’d link the quote but I’m lazy and I tried to do that the other day when people were talking about it and it wouldn’t let me quote it. Maybe because the thread is locked? :man_shrugging:t4:

I’ll take your word for it then. I think T3 is low enough. We gotta think about the fact that the more lower tier planets the less materials. Not only specials blocks but glowing mushrooms and other items dont spawn below T5 i believe, if those things matter to anyone.

1 Like

I’m with the majority of answers here in that for those who’d need a T1 or T2, they’re probably so early on that they wouldn’t be bothering much with it anyways.

However, if one change could be made, I’d go for it - give them a very small percentage of higher level materials. That would give newcomers a reason to go to them, get a chance to gather that stuff by themselves early on, though in very small amounts and requiring a time investment.

1 Like

Sam says it in the opening post. But won’t let me quote.

Also not sure why it’s showing my comment on that thread😅

Edit:nvm fixed it :joy:

2 Likes

I say give them the opportunity . we have all been there and know exactly how hard the grind is. All we do is charge them Ridiculous prices for tools and weapons etc to the point off where they just quit. Time we stood up for our Apprentices and give them what we already have .

2 Likes

This is what I do. I’ve got a neighbor that is a newer player and I give him stuff to help him out. But Idk if i feel comfortable giving him a 3x3 hammer until i can finally convince him to stop hitting soil and rocks with his axes and trees with a hammer :persevere::joy:

4 Likes

shoulda read the comments first, didnt know there were t3/4 planets, wish i could rescind my vote to vote for “keep as is”

silly me shoulda known, since i went to the last t3 one that was orbiting. just totally slipped my mind -_-

But Idk if i feel comfortable giving him a 3x3 hammer until i can finally convince him to stop hitting soil and rocks with his axes and trees with a hammer .

:+1::+1::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:. I had one like that :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Just gave someone a 3x3 hammer, 15 mega strength, 24 mega speed, 3 pres pies, 20 compact hard coal, 500ish soft coal, 5k coin, and some various other things. Just met him today too. He started playing 5 weeks ago I gathered from the convo we had. So think that qualifies me as giving someone an opportunity.

@DKPuncherello just gave the guy some coin too while we were all talking and had been helping him out too. Find the right people and they’ll help out where n when they can. We aren’t all bad people.

2 Likes

I first tought: Everything that gives us access to more colors is fine with me!
But on the other hand T1 and T2 planets are very limited in the colors they can roll, so unless we get T1s and T2s on top of what we have now, “Keep as is” is better in terms of color diversity.

1 Like

I apologise if I have offended people by what I have said.
But the poll in hand states … exoplanets why exclude noobs .
So I put .I say give them the opportunity meaning for exoplanets.
Yes I know most off you are extremely kind and generous .

And yes I should have worded the second part better ie the noobs don’t have a lot of money and with the prices off tools etc it would give them the chance to obtain some good stuff.

So once again I apologise .:slight_smile:

I may be missing the logic here.

New players haven’t explored the universe yet. There are ~30 T1 and T2 planets already in the game. Exo planets are costly to get to and temporary.

Wouldn’t new players be exploring the static worlds gathering early on…not jumping to T1/T2 worlds that will be gone in a week for lots of coin?

7 Likes

Click hide results, then change your vote.

2 Likes

Noobs have enough to worry about with getting started before worrying about exos, and at the game’s current scale (I believe) we only have a certain amount of cost-sustainable server capacity. Having one tier 7 or 8 for 60 players to munch on with a tier 1 maybe cool colors or maybe good resources would spark some outrage. I’m just throwing out numbers, but if we have 2 noobs for every 25 mid to high tier players, you have a potentially under-utilized low tier planet that could be servicing the +90% of the player base that could be using another t7 or t8 exo. This is just my reason for “excluding” them for now; server cap is precious atm and they’ll have access to the feature in due time. Ideally, we could have a little something fresh for everyone all the time of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you lmao

The only exception I could see would be for some sort of seasonal event planet where the snow fight embarrassment mechanics were implemented. Also, if the plant was just a technicolor rainbow of blocks.