Suggestion: barter baskets

You put in a bunch of one item (or items), request a different item and set a ratio

6 Likes

Yeh this has been suggested a few times, basically a trading plinth ā€œI want 1 glass for my 4 sandā€. Would be a real good thing for convenience, but I guess it would take social priority over hand trading, so maybe the devs donā€™t want to add something that removes some player to player interaction. Maybe a tax would have to be taken, to still make hand trading preferable? But then how the hell that would be done is beyond me

Iā€™d personally love it tho

4 Likes

This is called like-kind exchange and all the governments donā€™t like it since you donā€™t pay taxes haha so donā€™t expect it any time soon :wink:

3 Likes

would work for mini games/ treasure hunts too. find a ā€˜keyā€™ in the ruins ( something really inconvenient, like luminous yellow wooden shovel) then exchange it for a thing somewhere else

5 Likes

Hey just a thought, Iā€™ve been playing a lot of warframe lately. And the way they do trading could work for boundless. Item to item trading like suggested.

But basically the way it is in warframe is you go to your ā€œClanā€ or guild location and trade items for items, but there is a clan tax if the clan wants it ( it can be set to 0) and also a trade tax, which is a credit value that will be subtracted from each character based on what they are trading. One person can pay more than the other depending on what they are trading (rarity of items and quantity they are giving). But basically that trade tax is lost into the dead space.

The clan tax goes to the clan treasury.

This could be mimicked with baskets I think, but it could be a guild basket based thing. Non-guild members can also trade with guild members in their guild hub. So their is no wall between characters and trading. It just benefits guild interaction and centers trading through guilds, but also allows other players to interact with them.

How is the credit value determined though?

Itā€™s a flat value based on the rarity of items that the person is giving and the quantity.

So for example (not actual values), if someone is trading a rare item it will be like 1000 credit tax per item, uncommon 500 per item, and common 200 per common item. So if player 1 gives 2 rare items to player 2, and player 2 gives player 1 a common item to them in return. Then player one will pay tax of 2000 credits. And player 2 will pay 200 credits in tax. Then say there is 1% clan tax, then 22 credits more go to the clan to their treasury.

Their money values tend to be much higher than boundless, so dont worry about their inflated prices, but the concept is still sound I think.

Isnā€™t that kind of the same as money? Iā€™m intrigued though

Yeah credits is their money currency in warframe. So for boundless is would just be with coin.

But you could say if someone want to trade oort for items.

Then you could create a basket saying player 1 wants to trade 1 oort (rare) for 1 rare or 3 uncommon or 10 common items. And when someone puts in a class of item they can get x oort in return.

So 1 oort (=1000 credits tax) for 10 sand (2000 credit tax).

If done with boundless coin it could be for example 10 coin per rare, 5 coin per uncommon, and 2 coin for common. Or something like that in tax.

And this could provide passive income for guilds and also be a money sink, with player interaction.

I was just thinking this might work, because the devs like ways of doing things with a give and take aspect. I dont think it would ever be free of tax in this game. As least with how itā€™s been in past.

This could also influence a new ā€œguild houseā€ location in boundless where people gather to barter trade. Just tagged by the presence of the guild helixs. So it could be cool for central locations of influence.

1 Like

If they add this, then all they need to do is add tavern items, and musical instruments. Then bam you get city centers.

1 Like