Suggestion: Beacon fuel limit per day

I vote for:
.<1000 - 1 week
.>1000 - 4 week
.>10000 - 12 week
.>100000 - 26 week

So the intention of it would be to encourage you to build those outposts into some sort of larger, more visually appealing build, and to slightly discourage just having small outposts. I have no opinions on this being a good or bad thing

However, even if you didn’t want to put the effort in to build up your outposts, you could just cover them in gleam or decorative gems or something to rocket your prestige up enough to fuel to full.

1 Like

Well we could have more different beacon fuels too, so like:

• with leaves maximum 1 week
  • with trunks maximum 4 weeks
  • with basic metal related beacon fuel item maximun 12 weeks
  • with spark related beacon fuel item maximum 26 werks

Etc, etc. Then no new players whos just came to troll can make too much grief with their mud blockers. And who already reached some levels, those will unlikely do that, but if they still decide to grief, we will be able to report. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nothing comes without effort. And what about players for make super inter planetary house with 24 portals to 24 different planets? He also have to bump their prestige? Well, i think yes. If you expand your house to 4 planets which is quite uncommon, you should have a unique apporach to building your base.

I think this system would actually reduce amount of laggy players portals and encourage people to crate actual portal hubs. Now we have like 40-60 players online. Every player wants to have a portal, two or three. If 5k players would like to create 20k portals servers would die of lags.

5 Likes

Is there confirmed goin to be a report system?

Yes, but I cant remember where :confounded:

2 Likes

Whilst the initial idea is good … I think it would be better served if the duration of beacon fuel were directly related to a players level, but I would want to see the lowest level start at about 2 weeks, so that players that only get to play infrequently (for whatever reason) are not put off having to start over each time;

13 Likes

Yeah, that sounds good to me. Maybe some combination of player level and prestige. And yeah, the shortest limit shouldn’t be less than 2 weeks, I’d maybe go for a month.

7 Likes

That also opens the possibility of people not being able to play with gleam blocks to up their prestige.

Plus leveling takes actually playing the game, I know, some things can be exploited right now, but devs are hard at work fixing and improving things.

2 Likes

Month is enough to discourage dedicated players and make them abandon their settlements/stop playing
I agree with you @Stretchious and @Spoygg

4 Likes

I also think it’s worth noting that the current numbers and values are placeholders only. Even leaves as fuel is considered placeholder. Future changes to the existing fuel-time interactions may relieve these issues without needing to code more rules and limits like prestige or player level.

3 Likes

Please note that the fueling system isn’t finalat all, we put the leaves/trunks in as two tiers of fuel with high values just to show what the system is like until it’s balanced.

The plan (if I recall clrrectly, i implemented the fuel system, but I’m not the designer and things can change!) is to have it so new players cannot instantly fuel a beacon to 6 months, as the basic fuel from leaves/trunks would only be able to take you to say 1 month, and to take it higher you’d need to craft higher density fuels to go to 2 month, 4 month and finally 6 months lets say, and those crafting recipes would be gated on progressing in the game with resources whilst easy to acquire probably not so abundant as leaves. Aka if you want a 6 month life buffer you have to have played the game and progressed further.

13 Likes

I can relate to @jasoncfinley 's plight as I also have one outpost on each planet.
What about instead a high tir skill that allows for better beacons or longer fule times.
One of these systems would still require a levle commitment from a player that somewhat proves he/she is less likly abandon there beckon or just stop playing.

3 Likes

I think luca’s reply satisfies these needs just fine.

1 Like

we’ve been there, discussion-wise, before beacon fuel has been introduced (and @Karokendo did actively take part) ; current state of things shouldn’t worry you as it’s temporary - this is testing stage, just to have them fueled beacons in game and working without bugs etc.

2 Likes

Afraid there’s no interest in connecting prestige to beacon expiration @Karokendo

Just invited you to a discussion I had with the devs months back before I left

1 Like

(Kinda late reply though but the subject interested me)
How about upgradable beacons? You have to get the right materials/coins to upgrade it (maybe 1 beacon level = 1 week max durability and every 5 levels you get a bonus 5 week).

**NOT just a different beacon tier system, where you have to craft a better tier then replace the older one, but just interact with it, then go to the “upgrade” section and put the items to upgrade it.

Goes like that:
Craft the original beacon, and place it, has 1 week maximum durability.
Level 1 → Level 2 = 10 wood + 10 leaves + 10 stones (= 2 week max durability at lvl 2)
Level 2 → Level 3 = 25 wood + 10 timber + 25 leaves + 5 coal (= 3 week max durability at lvl 3)
…and so on

Means that you have for each level:
1 = 1 week
2 = 2 weeks
3 = 3 weeks
4 = 4 weeks
5 = 5 weeks + 5 bonus weeks = 10 weeks
6 = 11 weeks
7 = 12 weeks
8 = 13 weeks
9 = 14 weeks
10 = 15 weeks + 5 bonus weeks = 20 weeks
11 = 21 weeks

I guess this system would prevent newbies to have a high beacon cap (as the shown problem), and it would on top of that give another feeling of progress where you are upgrading your environement

2 Likes

I think I’ve already seen somewhere that the devs already have a plan similar to yours. I believe the maximum fuel will be based on player’s level

1 Like

Well, that another good way to do so, but I prefer having low durability beacons over super long ones. It only takes a few to refuel it and it needs so little fuel to do so!

I know when you’re having a high level character it shoud last longer than newbies’, but for the RP side I prefer having to use different items to upgrade my beacon rather than just a simple “basic” cap per level