[Suggestion] Better Food

I don’t think you’re right there, if it stacks there’s a reason for people to buy our non-specialty loafs/pies and not just stacks of meat, which, let’s face it, anyone with a furnace can make…

I find it a waste of good loafs/pies that I have to throw out every other few days because they aren’t selling and getting stale, if this continues the river near my place will be filled with old bread!
(still hoping it attracts runners tho, but am on a Lvl1 so doubtful!)

I know what you mean. Thing is, well fed IS a speciality / perk, and eating it has its place, but 60c worth of yam stews can keep them mining for an hour! I want them to choose between buying more food or buying more tools, as this stimulates trade (at least in theory) for both cooks and blacksmiths. Giving long lasting energy on top of persisting foods will just dry up trade volumes on both fronts (with overstocking their mined resource). The less people need to buy things, the less interaction incentive there is, the more this game becomes a single player sandbox.

Also, i hope the farming mechanism brings us some fishies to help clear all those crumbs out of your river!

wow you changed my mind on that topic like, i feel like steven crowder never feels.

i never thought about it to be a decisions to make wich buffs i want.
it rather felt like some buggy behavior.

i usually run with persisting, prime meat and fast brew through the underground and thats fine to me.
at the begin i was annoyed that persisting was not working with well fed, but its ok to me at all after using prime meat^^

1 Like

I hate how hunger speed scales to energy reserve but for some reason it seems like I get hungry slower with 8 points into energy than I did with 7… I wonder if that really is the case?

It’s like 0 points, get hungry every 3 minutes, eat a chicken nugget and you’re good to go… 8 points, get hungry every 3 minutes and you have to eat Madagascar’s annual GNP of food to get full for another 3 minutes.

So I would like to add that we are still looking at this game with FUN factor in mind? Does eating 10+ steaks sound fun every 1 minute of mining.

Just asking the question because at some point this is what we are wanting to do with the game make sure all aspects are fun? GAME and FUN keywords should be in the minds of people as they make changes or question why has this change been made?

I love you all.

2 Likes

It’s really not fun eating 20 pounds of food every 180 seconds… at all. Maybe they could either make hunger not scale up with energy increases or reduce the rate of hunger gain.