Suggestion for Every Guild leader and their team

I popup again to leave some suggestion.
But this time, not for Devs. These suggestion are for all the great city leader and their team.
So far I see a lot of beautiful cities with a lot of functional system, network.
However, I haven’t seen a lot of cities have their story or culture setup.

Boundless is a sandbox mmo, so it doesn’t has any story setup.
So I suggest all the guild leaders should consider to create a special story or a general story for players to share to all the new players. With the story setup, we can have our unique festival in every single city. We can have more hero statue (Maybe with all the devs name on it.)

I think it will bring a lot of fun to the game :slight_smile:
Maybe later we will get the book adding to the game, so we can write some story to sell, like novel or magazine. It can be the new way to buy / sell.

My English sucks, this why I can’t write a good story :sob: .
But basically I have one in my mind for long time.

Long time ago, the planets where we live now was control by a lot of evil titan kings.
Oortian which are our ancient was hard to survive.
Until one days, the first guild came out. They are titan as well, but with good heart. They want to free the world, so they start the war with all the devil titan kings. And they win the war at the end. They kick out all those devil titan to the other universe. however, the cost is huge as well, they use their body to seal the gate from the other universe. So only their soul remain on the “boundless” universe.

100 years later, one group of oortian decide to start the guild, and they name it portal seeker, they find out the way to create portal to connect all the planets. The other group popup as well, they create a huge city and become the econ center in the game. Later a great business man create the Gyosha Mall. More guild are showed up and get more big city around all the planet.

The other 40 years later, the seal of the gate slightly break, tons of meteor drop from the sky, all the T5 and T6 planet become hard to survive, and evil creatures come with the meteors.

The other 20 years later, Things become even worse, exo planet show up bring more dangerous world and creatures. Finally oortian start to remember one story about the first guild. And the guild name is call “Wonderstruck”.

Basically this is what i have in my mind XD . Forgive my poor English.
If anyone can provide a better version please help me about that XD

11 Likes

Lore is a nice idea :slight_smile:

When there are exoplanets, I will sometimes post a few screenshots of the landscape, and then I will generally add my own lore to it in the same post. My favorite exo was Wynthel :heart:

(also I like what you wrote :D)

5 Likes

I generally like the player-created-lore idea too, and lately I have been working a bit on a fan art to add some lore and create a special thread for that… Unfortunately my pain has been quite bad lately so I haven’t finished it yet, but soonTM:stuck_out_tongue:

Though, for timescales I personally think way longer than that; 100 years seems like a really short time to me. :thinking:

I normally think between the ranges of 5,000-100,000 years if I want to think about lore, since in human terms that’s the type of “ancient” history that is often associated with mythology, tribal cult and the like. And older than that for more eldritch or primordial stuff. :wink:

1 Like

We 'ave this:

And we ‘ave a bit o’ that:

'nuff said!

I’m not very creative. Still not sure why I even play Boundless tbh.
Maybe @Greenheart, @DrCyanide, or @econodog can do a bit better?

2 Likes

Give me a xxxx

1 Like

As our divinie Lady Purple Heart’s personal envoy, let me compliment you on this thread. Her Ladyhip sends her best wishes. As Neptunias we are strifing to make the universe a better place by monitoring and intervening any rifts forming on planets in and around the know galaxy.
Since this is a huge task our Ladyship has wisely founded NepCo a foundation build upon the trust and hard work of every Neptunian citizen which now employs our nations Starfleet and Command center.

Heres a brief excerpt of Neptunian history. My apologies for I can only share as much as our Ladyship allowed me to share with you:

Neptunia was founded on Circarpous I, though our old captial is now long in the past let me convey a warning concerning the planet. Neptunias prospered on its soil. But after the years in our new home passed tremors in the planets crust started occuring now and again which despite our best efforts remained a mystery to our people. We never knew what hit us before the first rift formed and with it the monsters flodded our lands. Our military at the time was overwhelmed fast though luckily for our nation could hold of the waves until we had evacuated the planet.

Our Ladyship concerned for the planet and our universe led us to Houchus I to rebuild and invest substantial resources into the research of said rift phenomena. NepCo was formed to counter the unkown threat and our scientists have made good progress inventing counter measures to it. Now as I am writing this we have finally started moving from our exile back to our home soil Circarpous, our fleet is prepared this time and with our knowledge and the sacrifice of our soldiers in the battlefield we hope to unveil the thruth about the phenomena which drove us from our lands in days past.

Lady Purple Heart sends her best regards and wishes you well in your endavours.

(Hope you like it, just a bit of freestyle ^^)

1 Like