Suggestion: Game should list average gamewide prices for buying and selling items in stands and baskets, to give users some idea of fair prices

Even if they implemented an AH the prices should not be set by the system. The players should ALWAYS be able to set their own prices regardless if its higher or lower than the average.

I like the way it is now. I would also be fine with being shown the median price for an item without being told the location of specific prices as well. This would still allow people to price however they want and the players can decide if they want to pay the price they found, or spend time looking for a better deal because you would actually know of a better deal exists.
I’m mostly against a full AH system expect for the fact I’d become immensely wealthy using that system.

Coming in and telling someone their idea is stupid because you dont like it is not a constructive way to have a conversation. If you have some actual feedback please try again.

1 Like

Boo, -1. Boo

1 Like

I would agree the game should never automatically set prices for a shop keeper what ever system is ever implemented in the future.

At least by showing a median price it gives newer players and players that may not have bought a particular item, some idea of what prices are. They can then decide if they want to pay more for convenience, or search for a better price.

1 Like

Game doesn’t need show player any average or median prices of items. If this needed players can start their price patrol duties, do do their own trading sites, price lists and price guides, please just try to avoid name shaming about rip off prices on lists like this, just leave bad stores out.
I personally don’t feel that I would like to be part of those lists and outside marketplace systems right now, I just sell items I have excess amount on prices I feel that is ok to me.

I was mulling this over and thinking about how one could put shop stands/request baskets behind locked doors to manipulate markets with sufficient resource.

Potentially… although any halfway-decent algorithm could easily exclude statistically anomalous prices.

And I’d definitely hope that if this were to happen, it would have been done with as much though as possible and give enough information to be useful to those that want it, but not so much that it breaks the game utterly for those that don’t.

Median does a great job of that (say, of all sales in a rolling week)—no need to get fancy. Or give a range of the 25th percentile, 50th percentile (median), 75th percentile so that people can get a sense of the spread

1 Like

The player driven community aspect of Boundless is one of its greatest strengths, and what sets it apart from games like Minecraft.

If there’s a problem, we should first ask ourselves what we can do to solve it before asking the developers.

Want to know the price of something? Go to any HUB and ask around, or simply do a quick browse around the key planet shops.

1 Like

I vote no on this. One thing I love is to check out different store and sometimes you find someone buying something way under what the average is. Maybe they don’t know the average price. I take advantage of this to make money. If they knew the average, then everyone would have similar prices.

No, no price lists. Nothing that will level prices.

As a business major, Im loving this Free Market! People over pricing and others selling super cheap. Some players with HUB access and others reliant on those portals. Everything and every problem drives this economy and its up to us to figure out how to take advantage of it.

Im personally coming up with my own spreadsheet tracking the major shops prices so i know how to price mine. When determining what to sell at what price I take into account:
Location to Hub, and other players (those Solo’s outside my settlement)
Average selling vs buying prices
Quantities
Some of my own products are over priced and others under priced to attempt to drive attraction and provide reason for you to return and capitalize on that precious free footfall.

So I support no in game system and FREE MARKET all day!

P.S. Check out the community of Lacuna “Jewel of the Night” (Davanzati’s portal) Found in Gravidias Te (PS) Hub, top floor, behind the BOORI portal (Lacuna Bazaar coming soon)

1 Like

tbh i like that there isn’t this system, not because i want to charge unfair prices, but i think the game is meant to be a place for pocket comunities, and prices are part of the journey…

players will learn that shop with the 100c for a cooked meat is trying to rip them off, and when they see one at a lower price it’s fun, it makes rewarding exploration of player built areas…

if there was a system saying average prices for goods then suddenly you know not to buy at whatever prices and it’s going to hurt many players, and then the shop keepers will all set their prices to whatever the list says and where is the fun in that?

3 Likes

I use a very specific color of gleam for my build. Because of this, I know that color gleam sells for between 40-50C on average. I also know it doesn’t sell very well because the stock in shops I frequent rarely change stock. On one, I seem to be the only buyer.

Yesterday I found someone selling it for 22c. I bought 50 from him. Probably my single biggest non-tech/tool buy. He sold his for less, but I guarantee he made more C from me in that one transaction than any other shop I’ve gone too.

None of this is possible if everyone is selling it for the same price.

No central price lists, they are a disease.

1 Like

Oh God no not the RuneScape controlled markets… That literally defeats the purpose of footfall …

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the devs focusing on the bigger picture like titans, farming, player made dungeons, titans, and titans.
however it’s a good idea and if it were to be implemented it would be cool if it told you the average price in yourplanitary cluster. this way the economy stays interesting and those who want more price visibility get there way to.

2 Likes

I guess, but that’d only work if people were brute-forcing a change with 1c prices. You could inch the market down if you did it a bit at a time and it’d be hard to pick apart from natural competition driving price lower.

True, it’s technically possible…

But I would ask this: If you had so much stock that you could do that, and your decisions are that sizable a chunk of the market, surely you have enough stock that you should be able to affect the market?

1 Like

Why doesn’t some entrepreneur create a fix of their own?

You know, someone who worked out this information, maybe made up an ever changing directory of good prices throughout the game and included that info into signs, could earn themselves quite a bit of footfall without horrendous price lists ruining the game.

Just a free suggestion for someone. Maybe set up a donation basket next to the sign as well (sell dirt as 10c each or something)

1 Like

Good point well made. :slight_smile:

For example, @Logandi’s excellent effort towards it here (albeit not in game):

2 Likes