Suggestion/poll: heads, masks and shoes and gloves and bracelets

Instead of full body races, what about just just face masks of different races, or replacement heads? Was thinking this while playing Fall Guys. Could also have stuff like a scream mask, some japanese masks etc.

Also, I realize clothes is harder to animate, and that’s why every cosmetic is on the head. How about shoes and gloves? I realize gloves might clip a bit with items but I’m ok with that.

If these were added I’d suggest the cosmetics limit be increased to 5 or more.

Cosmetic items matter to me (in general)

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Masks

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Full head replacements

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Gloves

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Bracelets/bracers

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I also think people should get a “cosmetic token” every 10-20 levels, so people don’t feel the pressure of choosing between plots and cosmetics

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

I still want to be able to change my race/character at some point, but I voted yes :+1: to all. Any new cosmetics are def welcome imo.

When I start a new game, I will literally spend an hour or so customizing my character. It’s usually one of the 1st things I look for in the settings. idc if it’s hair, colors, style, clothing, armor, weapons, trinkets…

5 Likes

It’s the biggest turn off in the world for boundless

I also think people should get a “cosmetic token” every 10 levels, so people don’t feel the pressure of choosing between plots and cosmetics

2 Likes

Even if this was every 50 levels it’d be a very cool change.

2 Likes

If Boundless goes heavier on the cosmetic-income route and needs to avoid giving level 1000 characters 20 free cosmetics, even if this was only for the first 50 levels it’d be a very cool change.

I voted no for most other stuff except the face masks… I want actual craftable clothing, not just cosmetic stuff.

6 Likes

You mean like armor?

I want it too

Even if it’s stats only non cosmetic

2 Likes

More craftables/content = always yes :blush:

3 Likes

Man people are way less into this idea than expected

Are people holding out for real races and clothes? Or do they just not care about cosmetics at all

Added poll at the top for this

I think most people just want rental planets :grin:
They know there are big things coming soon.

Well I think obviously this idea is separate from rental planets haha

It is, but I’m just saying everyone’s brains are preoccupied - thinking ahead to rental planets. Cosmetics are a lot lower on the totem pole.

Or maybe only a few players are interested :woman_shrugging: (myself included)

Pants! Won’t somebody think of the children.

1 Like

@DKPuncherello should these tokens be retroactive within reason? I’m all for the every 10 Levels just that those who are 50+ would be sorta left out at the gate.

@majorvex While I do see myself eventually getting a sov world, I would be more excited for cosmetics as this can open up an avenue for community design contest. What’s better than to have an item in the game that you design.

2 Likes

The single biggest win all other voxel survival games have over Boundless is character customization, both in cosmetics and base appearance. Plz address this, Wonderstruck.

3 Likes

I dont rly care abput cosmetics in general…
But better char customisation should be there alrdy (races mainly).

1 Like

I realize this is better saved for another thread, but I feel like races should also include unique base stats and abilities as well as a unique appearance, but i wont elaborate further here.

3 Likes

Big debate on that one haha

1 Like

I just voted yes to everything, because more choice is always a good thing.

1 Like